How long have you not used your van?

Jimmmmy

T6.1
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Just wondering how long the battery will last without use. My van has sat on the drive for just over three weeks over Christmas and the app was showing 12.57 volts on the battery so thought I would take her for a run, did 25 miles and back up to 12.9v, I have one of those solar battery conditioners but haven`t used it as yet but might put it on just to be safe. How long have you left yours?

Reactions: CAB
A normal T6 should last 3-4 weeks before failing to start.

I'm not sure on the T6.1 stats yet. . . .

But if you're in the Habit of leaving the van long term, you might want to look at getting your own jump pack.

Throw it on a charger every now and again via the tow wiring though.
Please tell me more. How does this setup work?
My van now sits unused for a week or two at a time (Sometimes up to a month). I keep my car and motorbike on Ctek chargers but they’re in the garage. A lead I could run out to the tow electrics would be great to keep it topped up.

If you have fully wired up 13 pin electrics, pin 9 is a continuous battery +ve and pin 13 is its corresponding -ve.

Check that you have all the connections at the socket. Some are only wired for lighting.

Did you sort anything to keep the battery topped up via the tow electrics by any chance?

See here for tinkering with the OEM towing electrics to work out behaviour

And here for my Trailer Socket 12v EHU build

https://www.t6forum.com/threads/trailer-socket-12v-ehu-how-I've-done-it.45009/

Reactions: CAB
Back