Daniel2929

Hi People
Recently just purchased a startline kombi it has air con but has the manual dials to adjust the temp is there anyway of swapping this to the one that comes in the highline?

Thank you in advance

Not without changing most of the ventilation system. Yours is manually controlled via cables. The climatronic system in a highline is electronically controlled. It’s not impossible but you’d need deep pockets :x3:

What is the difference in the dials? I thought all kombis were the same. I ask as the AC in my Caravelle is excellent and I'm worried I'd miss it in a kombi or PV which I'm considering buying for a conversion.

I'm a bit puzzled as well. Mine is a Highline but it hasn't got climate control, just air conditioning.

This is the Highline controls I have. The temperature is electronically regulated, so it’s referred to as semi automatic climate.

The distribution flaps (and recirc) are not automatic, but are moved with stepper motors.

The fan speed is manually controlled.

On the manual version it has a basic cold/warm dial for the temp and Bowden cable controlled flaps.

CBAD039F-B281-4273-980C-B539D6200A2F.jpeg

Yeah as @Deaky said, it’d be a mission to change as there needs to be temperature sensors, motorised valves, flaps, and the ECU either installed or coded to run the system, but it could be done.

That system is similar to what was in my Golf GTi.

And this is fully automatic dual zone

C1932544-D2FD-47CF-A685-15B44AA42CCF.jpeg

Ok thank you people maybe not worth the hassle I just thought the style I have looks a little dated compared to the highline one

It’s possible, you’d just have the swap the complete heater/fan box and add some extra wires, I don’t think the cost would be that bad if you didn’t mind the work.
Find a T6 breaking and I reckon you’d get all the bits for a few hundred

I did the swap from climate to full dual zone climatronic in my T5.1 and it wasn’t that bad

Is it possible to upgrade the standard heater controls in a t6 shuttle to digital dual heating controls front and rear without modifications?

It’s possible, you’d just have the swap the complete heater/fan box and add some extra wires, I don’t think the cost would be that bad if you didn’t mind the work.

I did the swap from climate to full dual zone climatronic in my T5.1 and it wasn’t that bad
Hi I’m new to this and also the forum
I’ve got a 2008 2.5 with the cable controlled heater blower which is completely broken

so I’ve gone and purchased a 2018 t6 complete dash replacement heater blower ac unit with the electronic controller with 3 disks snd 3 buttons plus I’ve got the entire wiring loom, obviously this is way out of my depth and would appreciate some help to added the extra cable to get this to work

Take a look at this thread...yours would be a bit easier as you already have the condenser, pump, piping and engine bay wring already in place, but still will be a dash out job!

Take a look at this thread...yours would be a bit easier as you already have the condenser, pump, piping and engine bay wring already in place, but still will be a dash out job!

Thank you

starting this job next week I’ll keep you posted

Hi
I’d be very interested to know which wires have got to be added as this is someone that I want to do and even gone and purchased the upgraded heater blower ac unit along with the controller
Only difference is my controller has the option for heated seats in the outer dials

many thanks
Lea

Back