Heated Windscreen Retrofit Finished (nearly!)

Adams

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I am 99% complete on my heated screen retrofit, it all functions fine just not quite the way I want.

it will work via the separate button setup as most of them are 80E51F39-C3CB-4028-867A-2A5F92F75065.jpegBut I want to control it via the climatronic panel over CAN
(You can just make it out on this pic)
D1D840AD-3EF4-472E-8C24-D17AFAF323D0.png
as mine is a T5.1 I have a slightly different climatronic panel which I have fitted the heated screen button to from another panel (all pcb components all seem to be present) but just doesn’t function
AC72DD45-BAA2-4C53-B86A-5687F8615541.jpeg
So I guess I need to make some edit to the climatronic panel eeprom (if possible) or maybe I need to make some changes to the BCM.

....so does anyone who has the heated screen button In the climatronic panel have an auto scan and an admap of their BCM?

Thanks @Dellmassive, the screen is working perfectly as in all wiring etc It’s just not activating the way I want it to.
Instead of a momentary switch to ground (which is how it currently works) I would like it to work via CAN from the button on the climatronic panel.

I have factory heated screen.

But it come with a separate dedicated switch below the climate panel......

Yes that is how it functions currently but, as I have a T5.1 there’s no a place where that button fits as it was never was an option on a T5.

Ok, so what climate panel have you got that this the button built in?

What was it fitted to originally?

The T5.1 didn't have HFS so I'm assuming the panel come from something else?.... or is it from a T6 velle or something?

So your looking at a T6 velle climate panel with HFS button built in...... retro on a T5.1

So your looking at a T6 velle climate panel with HFS button built in...... retro on a T5.1
Yes pretty much that. I could do with admap and auto scan.
I have all the label files for VCDS and have checked but nothing documented for heated screen in any of the climate panels, nor is the 08-HVAC coding any different on some auto scans I have found.

Ok, so what climate panel have you got that this the button built in?

What was it fitted to originally?

The T5.1 didn't have HFS so I'm assuming the panel come from something else?.... or is it from a T6 velle or something?
It is my original climate panel, I took the button out of the Sharan panel, all the components seem to be present on my climate PCB, I guess it’s just not activated.
I don’t think the sharan panel would work as some components are controlled differently (sunlight sensor, ac comp etc)
I could try it just to see if the button functions correctly to determine if BCM or climate panel I suppose

It is my original climate panel, I took the button out of the Sharan panel, all the components seem to be present on my climate PCB, I guess it’s just not activated.
I don’t think the sharan panel would work as some components are controlled differently (sunlight sensor, ac comp etc)
I could try it just to see if the button functions correctly to determine if BCM or climate panel I suppose
I would try Sharan panel first.
And yes I have factory fitted heated windscreen and my button is built in the climatronic panel.

just had a quick scan of mine . . .

just the basic Climate with dedicated HRS button . . .

20200105_105234-jpg.57576

No mention of HFS in HVAC Module.. . . . . as per below...

20200105_123215.jpg
/

20200105_123225.jpg

20200105_123259.jpg

20200105_123319.jpg

20200105_123330.jpg

20200105_123353.jpg

20200105_123410.jpg

The only mention is in the BCM #15 bit#5 : . . . . as per below.

bcm.jpg

so looks like we need a HVAC scan with that type of climate module..

I think I know now why you have asked about .xml files.;)
And no sorry, I don't have anything for 5K0907044 with windscreen heating button.
On the second though, I am going to suggest something as a worst case scenario.
You could isolate(by breaking paths on the PCB) your newly soldered button from the rest of electronics and use its switch contacts and confirmation LED and get it wired in as it is with stand alone setup button.

And by the way, this is how my panel looks like. If you want I can get you my HVAC coding details and adaptation map.
20200105_131212.jpg

Last edited:
@Dellmassive yes I have already checked the heated windscreen box in the BCM it’s just that other older style climate panels like mine that have heated screen are for different models and slightly different in their wiring (could possibly be ok with coding and some pin-reassignment)

@Robert it was so I could possible pick out some security access codes to read climate panel EEPROM and compare the with the heated screen one. Do you have any .xml from any PQ25 climate panel?

I haven’t had to solder anything in the climate panel as they are complete with components and button pads. All I’ve had to do is remove the blank from the fascia and add the button, even the illumination LED’s are all there.(see pic)

4214E59E-1FA5-4058-8C0D-E8F49B5033DC.jpeg

Ok, so just tested with the Sharan panel in and it works via the climate panel button so I know at least the BCM is fine, it’s just the climate panel issue now....

tried to recode to same setup as old panel but because of the differences in pin configuration (which I knew about) there’s a lot of faults.
I’ll have a look through the faults and see if all can be rectified with swapping pins.

it would be great if it could be sorted by editing the EEPROM tho....

Ok, so just tested with the Sharan panel in and it works via the climate panel button so I know at least the BCM is fine, it’s just the climate panel issue now....

tried to recode to same setup as old panel but because of the differences in pin configuration (which I knew about) there’s a lot of faults.
I’ll have a look through the faults and see if all can be rectified with swapping pins.

it would be great if it could be sorted by editing the EEPROM tho....
Would you like to share your current faults so maybe we could give you our input and help?;)

Reactions: mmi
@Robert it was so I could possible pick out some security access codes to read climate panel EEPROM and compare the with the heated screen one. Do you have any .xml from any PQ25 climate panel?
No, I don't. I could probably read mine but my laptop crashed and I have to sort it out first.:whistle:

Reactions: mmi
Back