Alan Croft

VIP Member
T6 Pro
so just got a bonus win on this. I was going to look into ordering the parts for this as I didn’t think mine had them. However my friend at VW has checked and the van has them. They only come on with the heated screen though?? Must remember to leave it on for longer to de-ice them in future.

Means I have a bit more to spend on something else. Might have to go for the extra door seals now lol.

Always nice to get some good news :thumbsup:

Are they standard on Highlines?
I have the heated screen and mirrors, but never checked if my washers are heated.
Saying that, they've never frozen up or stopped working.

I am in the process of adding these to mine, i have the heated jets and the connectors now but looking at the wiring it shows it taking a feed straight from the fusebox and looks like they are always on when the ignition is on
How do you know they only come on with the heated screen ?

Reactions: KR.
I have heated washes but no heated screen ??? as @Pauly said earlier, looking at the diagram they are on all the time the ignition is on. Which makes sense really as the heated windscreen is only on for about 15 mins but the nozzles need to be working at all time you are driving.

Last edited:
I am in the process of adding these to mine, i have the heated jets and the connectors now but looking at the wiring it shows it taking a feed straight from the fusebox and looks like they are always on when the ignition is on

What I was told by the dealer? Am presuming he has checked on the options mine has on the computer thing. I asked if they worked with the screen and he said yes??

Mine were a £45+VAT option on a 2016 Highline Kombi - Heated nozzles and fluid level indicator

Looking forward to how you get on with these Pauly, please keep us updated.

I selected this option on my euro 5 Kombi build but when it was upgraded to a euro 6 model(my17) the cost was deleted as there became standard with LED lights. I did not remember seeing anything about heated headlight washer jets.

Headlight washer system and heated washer nozzles (windscreen) Panel van/kombi £190.00 £228.00 £190.00 £228.00 £190.00 £228.00 with washer fluid level indicator.

i have all the bits and have made the wiring up ready, it looks pretty straightforward as the existing washer jets just pull out (tried today) the water hose have quick release clamps on them so easy to swap over and theres an earth stud just below the slam panel on the left side next to where the wires drop out of the bonnet.
I just need to get some small tubing to carry the cables where they jump the gap from bonnet to engine bay then route them through to the dash to pick up an ignition feed, i reckon it will only take a couple hours when i get the bits but then i need to prise it off the chief driver (my wife) and get it fitted
Hopefully get on it this weekend or next

i have all the bits and have made the wiring up ready, it looks pretty straightforward as the existing washer jets just pull out (tried today) the water hose have quick release clamps on them so easy to swap over and theres an earth stud just below the slam panel on the left side next to where the wires drop out of the bonnet.
I just need to get some small tubing to carry the cables where they jump the gap from bonnet to engine bay then route them through to the dash to pick up an ignition feed, i reckon it will only take a couple hours when i get the bits but then i need to prise it off the chief driver (my wife) and get it fitted
Hopefully get on it this weekend or next

Nice one Pauly,

So they will be on all the time then I guess, if off a switched live? Cheers

Yes they will be on when ignition is on
I am planning to pit an ammeter on them before fitting and check current draw but that's the way VW wiring diagrams show them so draw must be low
I have considered wiring them into heated screen as the connections are right beside where the cable drops in but as @Loz mentioned if you are somewhere cold you don't want them icing up while driving (plus the cabling is a lot smaller than that of the screen so not fused appropriately)

Absolutely this would be easy to make/install the only bit is getting to a switched supply in the dash

Not 100% sure, if you lift bonnet and look at back right corner there is a large oval grommet, if heated i think there will be two tubes running up from engine bay into bonnet 1 for washer fluid and 1 for wires (i only have 1)
I think i sent you a build sheet for your van a while back it will be on there

Just rigged up the ones i have to a battery and after they have been on for a couple minutes you can tell they are warming, certainly not hot but you can feel the warmth there although the warmest part is the bit thats inside the bonnet
Tried an ammeter on them an its not giving me reading, just stays on 0.0A ??

Ok so connected it up properly now and got a reading although it varies quite a bit depending on what range I set the meter too, this is with both connected, either way it's pretty low
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Not 100% sure, if you lift bonnet and look at back right corner there is a large oval grommet, if heated i think there will be two tubes running up from engine bay into bonnet 1 for washer fluid and 1 for wires (i only have 1)
I think i sent you a build sheet for your van a while back it will be on there
Correctomonto, you were very kind to send me the build spec, however it does not mention heat. Car is speced for cold country so I guess its fitted. As you mention there is a wire going up through the grommit. Pic attached.
C5BE5944-5E15-4CB7-B7E9-637ADE867BAD.jpeg

Back