Headlights so dull

I raised the H4 issue with VW Customer Service UK some time ago, I was informed that the engineers in Germany are experts in their field so it must be a specific problem with just my H4 headlamps.
I’m not one for giving up but I think we’d be pissing into the wind on this matter!

Maybe if fifty or more T6's surrounded VW HQ all with their H4's glowing faintly into their offices? ;)
You do wonder why they dont include a 12v buck/boost regulator so at least the lights dont follow the uppy-downy Bluemotion nonsense,

Reactions: DXX
Maybe if fifty or more T6's surrounded VW HQ all with their H4's glowing faintly into their offices? ;)
You do wonder why they dont include a 12v buck/boost regulator so at least the lights dont follow the uppy-downy Bluemotion nonsense,

The only problem is that they wouldn't notice the T6 as the lights are too dim :rolleyes:

As for the H4 issue, i do believe that VW Aus only brings in the H7 as basic lights from MY20 models onwards in the Transporter range.

The H4 light issue in the T6 has been around since the T6 was released

Hi all, went out in the dark last night. I now know why everyone moans about the headlights. Could someone please confirm which lights I have at the moment please.
Cheers

IMG_20200916_191150.jpg

First and cheapest upgrade is some 150% bulbs. I have Osram nightbreaker. Still not brilliant but better than two candles

What's the best option Deaky, will a bulb upgrade do it or complete new headlights from Transporter hq?

You won’t get a consistent answer to that question here. Some folks say only LED will do, others say H7, others say aftermarket like Transporter HQ.
The only thing we are consistent on is that H4s are poor. I have them, but don’t seem to drive at night, so havent bothered to upgrade.

Pete

Just to go against the grain, I have H4's and dont think they are that bad.....once Nightbreakers are fitted.
I think the biggest issue with the original bulbs is the colour. They match streetlights (dim!) so in town they often feel like they aren't even on. Outside of built up areas I've seen worse and with the NightBreakers installed I have no issues. My commute on dark A roads is genuinely no problem at all on either dip or high beam. It would be nice to enable both beams together for full illumination but I am aware of overheating issues if doing this.

Hi guys. I had the same lights on my T6, but have just installed a pair of transporterHQ DRL lights with H7 LEDs and it’s a big improvement. Look great too. Hope that helps

B6FD021F-588C-4875-A077-D4681BDDD4A7.jpeg

Are these THQ ones based on the Shuttle H& units? And I've seen H7 LED bulbs that are supposed to just fit and work, is this what you have? They are only a few quid, so gotta be worth a punt.
Cheers

These are the full THQ DRL V3 replacement units with H7 LED installed; more than a few quid but good results so far

Guys I have just purchased a T6 and yes it has standard headlights. Pick up on Friday. If I fit these nightbreaker bulbs I presume best ones are H7s.
If I fit the bulbs will I then get the silly messages that need cleared?

H7 is the fit. If you are talking about a Kombi, you will need H4 bulbs if it has standard lights.
H7's are on Shuttles as standard.

Sorry it’s a T6 panel van which has been converted to camper. What bulbs do I need in the nightbreakers rang and will I get warning lights I need to have cleared. Didn’t realise the model made a difference sorry

H4 bulbs - I got mine from Euro Car Parts quite cheaply. They are normal bulbs so plug and play. No coding needed nor flashing dash lights!

I have only had my t6 for around a month, but it didn’t take me long to work out how bad the headlights actually are,
I had planned on upgrading to THQ version 3 leds but am now having second thoughts after hearing they may not be mot compliant.
What bulbs have people upgraded to and how much of a difference has it made?

I have only had my t6 for around a month, but it didn’t take me long to work out how bad the headlights actually are,
I had planned on upgrading to THQ version 3 leds but am now having second thoughts after hearing they may not be mot compliant.
What bulbs have people upgraded to and how much of a difference has it made?
Do they have headlights I’ve never noticed lol

Back