Headlights so dull

Thanks Pauly much appreciated
afro.gif

@andy58 must be my age but I can't find the bloddy link to the lamps I bought on Amazon but they're the same generic one's in this ebay link albeit slightly cheaper, result! H4 For Ford Transit MK7 Super White LED VS Xenon HID Main/Dip Light Bulbs Set UK | eBay

Ignore the "these will fit a Transit" bit, they're H4 lamps and will fit into the H4 socket of any H4 based headlight, as they have a fan mounted inline on the back of the lamp you won't be able to put the headlight lamp access dust caps back in place without modifying the caps to allow for the extra 10 mm of sticking outness, it's a ballache but realistically you might easily be underwhelmed with the lamps performance so initially fit them and try them out minus the dust caps, worst case they're not bright enough and you've wasted less than £20, best case you can join the H4 revolution where we prove that the H4 headlight is nearly fit for purpose.

These lamps will bring your lamp out warning sign up :thumbsup: great, and may interfere with the DAB :thumbsup: again they're very white but not daylight blindingly bright, tonight driving home when dusk was falling you didn't get those dull Halogen yellow pools of light in front, where the lights are not strong enough to pick anything out in particular but you know they're working due to the yellow patch on the road, with the LEDs you might see a road sign glow white but the road immediately ahead probably stayed at about the onset of dusk level I would guess.

Stop press and my lovely wife has found the Amazon advert so hopefully... https://www.amazon.co.uk/HIVEHICLE-...xtremely-Start-Replacement/dp/B07QSJY5VT?th=1 they're the ones and identical to the ebay items, pay what you want.

To push beyond the performance of this cheap H4 alternative we could do with one of the lovely chaps with a full factory VW T6 LED headlight system posting an high and low beam picture taken down a dark and lonely cart track to give an idea of how far out these various cheapo and lookalike alternatives actually are, comparing how shite the humble H4 headlight is to the lights on your (any other VW product sporting LED and Hid lamps here) is irrelevant, let's get all altruistic, test empirically and save forum members money and skinned knuckles!... then save up for some VW LED headlights.:oops:

So has anyone tried these HIVEVEHICLE bulbs?

I need to try some LED bulbs > I was driving to work this morning and I actually pulled over to check that the lights were turned on. !!!!!!!!
H4 lights Absolute Bloody rubbish VW.
VW you need to get your finger out they are dangerous !!!!!!!!

I need to try some LED bulbs > I was driving to work this morning and I actually pulled over to check that the lights were turned on. !!!!!!!!
H4 lights Absolute Bloody rubbish VW.
VW you need to get your finger out they are dangerous !!!!!!!!
Hi Barnaby, I totally agree with you on this topic, how do VW get away with this poor design and baring in mind that it is a major safety problem, Mine are also crap on a 2018 T32 and they price we paid for the van its disgusting. rant over lol

Hi Barnaby, I totally agree with you on this topic, how do VW get away with this poor design and baring in mind that it is a major safety problem, Mine are also crap on a 2018 T32 and they price we paid for the van its disgusting. rant over lol
Hi Nev-D ..
I have had 15-16 Transporters some bought some leased This one is a T32 Kombi 69 reg I have always known the H4's were bad but this morning I was gob smacked that they really are dangerous . Something really does need to be done. VW need to do the write thing and up grade the lights lets face it VW charge enough money for the Transporter's.

Hi Nev-D ..
I have had 15-16 Transporters some bought some leased This one is a T32 Kombi 69 reg I have always known the H4's were bad but this morning I was gob smacked that they really are dangerous . Something really does need to be done. VW need to do the write thing and up grade the lights lets face it VW charge enough money for the Transporter's.
Yes I agree with you on what you have said as VW should realise there is something wrong with them, I did not how bad they were until we just bought our T32 combi 2018 a few months back and it was not cheap but my old Renault Traffic had better headlamps on it and that was a fraction of the T6, I like many thousands of other T6 owners would love VW to hold their hands up and sort it out.

Should we all not protest together, direct to a single VW dealer, or to contact their Head Office . How many of us are there do we think? As others have said it’s 100% dangerous, especially when wet, rainy and dark. You do feel that you have to stop the van and check that they are on.

Should we all not protest together, direct to a single VW dealer, or to contact their Head Office . How many of us are there do we think? As others have said it’s 100% dangerous, especially when wet, rainy and dark. You do feel that you have to stop the van and check that they are on.
That would be a great idea as there must be thousands of owners have the same problem hence its why they brought out the led headlamps as an option to grab more money.

Hi totally agree as i started this question my headlights are dim the price we pay for our vans you would think the would up grade our bulbs at least .
hopefully they could do something for us i paid over 20 k and got crap lights

Hi totally agree as i started this question my headlights are dim the price we pay for our vans you would think the would up grade our bulbs at least .
hopefully they could do something for us i paid over 20 k and got crap lights
Yes We paid £25k for ours and I am a bit miffed as I feel the lights on the road are not up to a safe standard and my wife tells me that she will not drive the van at night, I am ex motor trade myself and I am well annoyed about this problem

Last edited:
I asked this question as i nearly had two near missis on the road in the dark i wonder if vw look at these forums

spoke to vw a few weeks ago about up grade on bulbs they said they dont sell them as they burn out the inside of the lights.
they have had a few back with burnt light caseings and also said if that happened under warranty your not covered .

Remember they've been selling this van with H4s for many years, if they were going to do anything about it they would have done it. Moved on to a new model now, we can sit and spin on it as far as they're concerned. As for class action, if that was successful it would take 3 years and we'd all end up with £20 each and very happy lawyers. We learn the lesson and move on.

Has anyone approached the dealers at all with this serious concern and what was their response if any?
We have not but I am going to raise it with them shortly and see what they say as I have been having a bit of hassle from them so its time to give it back

Back