Has anyone bought a "Wired Campers" b2b kit rather than a Victron Orion?

moorevan

I was looking around to find the simplest Euro 6 electrical kit I could. I found this website that sell their own version of the Victron.
The company reviews on trustpilot are good but everyone seems to be using the Victron device.
I only found one reference on this website to the company with someone selling one of their kits but no comments on it.
What do people think/

1681849231511.png

For something so fundamental to having a charged leisure battery, and which carries significant current, I would always go with a trusted brand.

Pete

The 18amp Victron Orion is cheaper, so I’d go with that or the Renogy. My leisure battery maximum charge is 20 Amp, so use the 18amp Orion.

I found the Renogy version on sale online for €119
The Vicron is out of stock in the place that sells the kits in Ireland and normally costs a bit more than it does in the UK so I was happy to see a resonably prices alternative with the Wired Camper's kit but you are right that I should stick to the more trusted brands.
Sourcing things got a bit more complicated in the last few years, trying to balance EU shipping vs UK taxes.
Thanks everyone

1681905003296.png

If you’re going down the Lithium route either now or in the future, the extra 50% output of the Orion 30 will be useful.

I have one of these. Bought it a month or so ago before joining the forum.

In my typical style, zero research and bought 'a 12v kit' based off good company reviews and relatively local to me. Even the instruction manual is identical to the Renogy.

Started to fit all my electrics yesterday, got a little confused with the D+ wire but this website has helped me!

I'm not building a camper, just a dayvan (no overnight sleeping) with lithium leisure battery and simple additional 12v plugs and lights.

I have one of these. Bought it a month or so ago before joining the forum.

In my typical style, zero research and bought 'a 12v kit' based off good company reviews and relatively local to me. Even the instruction manual is identical to the Renogy.

Started to fit all my electrics yesterday, got a little confused with the D+ wire but this website has helped me!

I'm not building a camper, just a dayvan (no overnight sleeping) with lithium leisure battery and simple additional 12v plugs and lights.
What did you end up doing with the D+ wire. I have mine piggybacking the wipers on the fuse board and would prefer a tidier option. Its really not ideal as it starts operating as soon as the key is turned. not when the engine is on. I am aware of it but worried if a family member borros the van they wont be so careful.

What did you end up doing with the D+ wire. I have mine piggybacking the wipers on the fuse board and would prefer a tidier option. Its really not ideal as it starts operating as soon as the key is turned. not when the engine is on. I am aware of it but worried if a family member borros the van they wont be so careful.
It's been discussed around the forums quite a lot.

Your options are the dead easy way (you have a factory split charge relay and use the signal to that when you remove it), the easy way (pick up ignition live in the dash fuse box) or the hard way (get spare repair wires for the BCM and use VCDS to code in the charge signal)

The vast majority of modern DC-DC units would cut off charge with low voltage input and many have a delayed start. The chance of the charger load draining a starter battery to the point it will not start is very low if you just use an ignition live feed.

If you are really concerned put a switch in the signal line.

If you want tidier then if you have a spare way in the ignition switched area of your fuse box you could pin that with a repair wire or a stub wire from a salvage VW fuse box - usually you will see the positive feed terminal in but not the outgoing terminal.

However getting to the back of the fusebox to do that is a mission so few bother. You can put the fuse tap in on of those spare locations if you want better access to other fuses, so long as you can see the feed terminal and put it in the correct way around it should be fine.

Thought I'd update this. My electrical install is finally complete and I'm very happy with how it all functions.

- Wired Campers 20A DC-DC (Renogy)
- Full Wired Campers 12v 'Kit'
- WIred Campers EHU Kit
- Fogstar Drift 105

All under the drivers seat, EHU hook up under bonnet. Separate switch in the fuse cover to switch the D+ signal if needed.

5B680923-8A46-4DE0-BDBE-C1FBA607732B.jpeg

5DBA9E68-54D7-4DD6-9159-7A124A15E732.jpeg

FEB44099-5119-4EB9-B1EE-718DB10A9C81.png

I went for the Fogstar Drift as well and it’s with the courier now, but bought the Renogy DC-DC50A to power it. My van is the same @Lee540 - just a Kombi powering some LEDs and USBs and wifi hotspot

new 230Ah Fogstar Drift fitted the other day. (in the work van)

1702447707567.png1702447739896.png

Back