H&R coilovers rusty after 17 months

I've just had my VW springs removed and they're a lot older than that.
I'd be annoyed with those in that state too

Correction

H&R often run different colours because its a lot of work to constantly change colours in the powder coating booth for different spring types !! , The same paint plant is always used so if a certain colour is in the machine that is usually what they will use . over the last 5 years we have seen many changes in colour from red to black ,This isn't significant at all !!

The new springs were not replaced under warranty because the warranty only covers breakages and yours were not broken.

they were supplied to me as a good will gesture, which i past on to you .

I noted that you haven't returned the exchanged springs yet . H&R will want to investigate the cause of the corrosion and determine if its normal or caused by something else , My address is Unit 45 Rumerhill business estate , Rumerhill road Cannock WS11 0ET

Look forward to receiving them at your earliest convenience .

Reactions: CAB
Correction

H&R often run different colours because its a lot of work to constantly change colours in the powder coating booth for different spring types !! , The same paint plant is always used so if a certain colour is in the machine that is usually what they will use . over the last 5 years we have seen many changes in colour from red to black ,This isn't significant at all !!

The new springs were not replaced under warranty because the warranty only covers breakages and yours were not broken.

they were supplied to me as a good will gesture, which i past on to you .

I noted that you haven't returned the exchanged springs yet . H&R will want to investigate the cause of the corrosion and determine if its normal or caused by something else , My address is Unit 45 Rumerhill business estate , Rumerhill road Cannock WS11 0ET

Look forward to receiving them at your earliest convenience .
You told me you were completing a warranty claim with H&R? Then a request for my delivery details so a replacement set of springs could be sent. So which part is untrue? Did you file a warranty claim at all or just send out some springs?

You seem to have a great reputation on this forum but my experience has been the complete opposite.

Last edited:
Someone is getting on their high horse methinks, with a lot of editing of comments posted when a response is received. I am a little surprised when a respected trader is having his reputation dissed despite him stepping up to assist even though he hadn’t been contacted about the issue to start with

No offence but I wouldn't let you anywhere near my van again.
Odd response after you just told me to come to you and swap the springs ??
Someone is getting on their high horse methinks, with a lot of editing of comments posted when a response is received. I am a little surprised when a respected trader is having his reputation dissed despite him stepping up to assist even though he hadn’t been contacted about the issue to start with
@JOG Also important to remember that we dont manufacture any of the kits and products we sell , we source everything from reputable market leaders in our industry . lets face it H&R are probably the best known after market products available and they cant control what customers do with the parts either .

note that this particular client didn't bother to register his warranty with H&R from the document folder that comes with the kit , but we still went to the trouble of getting it sorted out with out any cost to him .
We did however have to pay for the freight cost from Germany to UK as this isnt covered by the manufacturer , .

I guess a lesson learnt here .

@Adscan you raised a valid concern that the springs weren’t fit for purpose even though they hadn’t broken, you now have a new replacement set, I would have thought the sensible / reasonable course of action would be to return the old set so the suppliers could check if there is/was a problem rather than keep both sets on the off chance the first set break, which of course if they do will be when you least expect it.

Back