H&R Anti Holl Bars (ARB) Front + Rear

Ok I’m spitting in the wind here, but I had my H&R ARBs fitted about 3 months after the B14s as it was still rolling more than I liked, and I found absolutely no difference whatsoever. I even went under the van to see if THQ had really fitted them.
Take what you want from that, everyone else thinks they’re wonderful, but I can’t help thinking that maybe there’s an element of “emperors new clothes” and I regret wasting £500 getting them.

They made an enormous difference to my van.
Do you know which setting you have? IMHO they need to be set to their stiffest F&R.

They made an enormous difference to my van.
Do you know which setting you have? IMHO they need to be set to their stiffest F&R.
Absolutely no idea, and I don’t know how to tell. They didn’t even tell me there were different settings

I've done 5000 miles now on B14's, so I hope I can give a reasonable opinion on whether the arb's are a worthwhile mod.

On B14's alone there is still a lot of wallowing through bends, although the ride is smoother and less agitated than the standard setup. (as well as lower obvs)

The ARBs made the single biggest difference to the handling BALANCE of my van (T32, 17" Devonport wheels).
I covered approx. 1000 miles on the standard suspension. Very little body control - feels like sitting on a pogo stick. Ride quite 'trashy'. Handling shows strong understeer in the corners - a pretty typical balance. Pronounced body roll (hey, it's a van).
B14s fitted at approx. 1000 miles - set to the minimum ride drop - i.e. at the highest. Massively improved damping and hence body control. Ride much much better - a huge step forward in terms of comfort. Body roll reduced.
BUT - handling balance unchanged. Still very strong understeer in the corners.
H&R ARBs fitted approx. 1000 miles after the B14s, and set to their stiffest setting. Ride perhaps marginally affected. Handling balance improved enormously - the van has gone from strong understeer to a very neutral handling balance, giving great confidence in the corners. Body roll significantly reduced.

It's still a van with a high-ish centre of gravity but I'm very pleased with the ride and handling balance - it is a very enjoyable vehicle to drive.

Stiffening up the rear ARB relative to the front, should promote turn in and reduce understeer.....And probably boost sales of replacement T6 windscreens at Autoglass, yet furthero_O.

I've had the H&R's fitted today, I forgot to ask what setting they are on, but massive difference in the way the van takes the twisty stuff, much less roll and to my mind no discernible loss in ride quality.

£620 all in, not cheap, but well worth doing if you have B14's.

Ok I’m spitting in the wind here, but I had my H&R ARBs fitted about 3 months after the B14s as it was still rolling more than I liked, and I found absolutely no difference whatsoever. I even went under the van to see if THQ had really fitted them.
Take what you want from that, everyone else thinks they’re wonderful, but I can’t help thinking that maybe there’s an element of “emperors new clothes” and I regret wasting £500 getting them.

What setting did you have them setup as normal or stiff?

What setting did you have them setup as normal or stiff?
No idea, I didn't know there were different settings at the time. I had them fitted just over a year ago by THQ, 3 months after the B14s

No idea, I didn't know there were different settings at the time. I had them fitted just over a year ago by THQ, 3 months after the B14s

I know it's been mentioned previously but get them checked, it wouldnt take much to put them on the stiffest setting and I did the same as you, I ran my b14s for a few months then had Hinckley Camper Sex fit my ARBs....it was a big difference in the corners than std

@Insert Coin … thanks for the update. Great to hear how marked you feel the difference is !!

I'm in Italy at the moment and the mountain pass hairpins (in the very truest definition of a 20degs hairpins !!) have just strengthened my resolve to go ARB upgrade.

Although I don't have B14's, I still feel an ARB is an ARB and doesn't require B14's to work

Last edited:
I paid about £420 for mine, fitted, about 14 months ago.

Yeah that's a very good price, that's the downside of living in the South, everything is so expensive compared to up North.

@Insert Coin … thanks for the update. Great to hear how marked you feel the difference is !!

I'm in Italy at the moment and the mountain pass hairpins (in the very truest definition of a 180degs hairpins !!) have just strengthened my resolve to go ARB upgrade.

Although I don't have B14's, I still feel an ARB is an ARB and doesn't require B14's to work

I agree dude, I think you'll find a much bigger improvement on these ARB's than if you went solely for B14's.

Coil-overs are great for certain types of vehicles, I used to have a set on my Impreza about 17 years ago. I used to adjust them with a big C spanner on my drive for track days and then bump them up again during the week for commuting.
You can't even adjust the rear B14's on a T6 without a lift which kind of limits their point.

v5jugy.jpg

I'm in Italy at the moment and the mountain pass hairpins (in the very truest definition of a 20degs hairpins !!) have just strengthened my resolve to go ARB upgrade.

Correct. We have them on H&R 40mm lowering springs. Great job. :thumbsup:

Back