H&R Anti Holl Bars (ARB) Front + Rear

xswind

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi Guys,

First post after getting my 2016 SWB T6 Highline 102PS so hi to all.

I have come from 18 years of T4 ownership and I am a little surprised just how much roll the new van has when corning.

On the T4 I fitted aftermarket ARBs and was fantastic with no under steer and was amazingly stable but the front was an extremely hard process to fit.

Question, is it easy to fit both the front and rear ARBs on a T6 (T30)?

Many thanks in advance.
Regards
XS

Hello XS. Welcome to the site.
ARBs are something I'm considering in future but I've not looked in to them much other than seeing a post where someone says they had to modify the bar slightly to fit the Euro6 engine.
How complicated that was I don't know.

But welcome to the forum all the same, someone'll be along to answer your question, I'm sure.
Best,
Adam.

The mod your referring to I think was (@RattyMcClelland ) to accommodate the level sensors for the auto levelling LED headlights but thee are different versions available depending on if you have led headlights or not.
@StudleyGlass is the man who has/knows the part numbers for the different versions

Thanks for the warm welcome, nice too the T6 community is as helpful as the T4 forums :)

Mine is a euro 5 engine version as it's not adblu and no led lights :-(

Will take a look at the links supplied.

Thanks again guys

@DaveyB I have front and rears. There sold as a set. The rears have a extra bracket on the rear mount if you have LED lights, for attaching the auto level thingy on.

Thinking about buying ARBs , I've got B14s already which are great , would upgrading to H&R ARBs make a noticeable differance and is it worth the extra cash . Has any one fitted the ARBs after the B14s ?

Yes I have as have quite a few others. Unfortunately I haven't driven it much since then due to work so I can't really comment on the difference. Next weekend I'm off to the outer Hebrides for a fortnight though so I'll know then

Really interesting responses guys, many thanks.

What are your thoughts on priority, b14s #1 then ARBs #2
Also how much of a nightmare was fitting the front ARB?

Really interesting responses guys, many thanks.

What are your thoughts on priority, b14s #1 then ARBs #2
Also how much of a nightmare was fitting the front ARB?
B14's first, ARB's 2nd. If you do it the other way around you'll still have a bouncy wallowing ride.

I'm booked in for b14's when the van comes, the guy said I should just do that firts and do arb later, just incase there's any problems and by changing them both together we couldn't pin point what the problems is..
Sound about right?

I paid £420 incl for the H&R bars to be supplied & fitted.
They make an enormous difference.
Going round again I'd be tempted to fit them before the B14s.

I paid £420 incl for the H&R bars to be supplied & fitted.
They make an enormous difference.
Going round again I'd be tempted to fit them before the B14s.

Are you saying that the H&R ARB's make a significant difference without the B14's ?? What set up did you have before the B14's - just standard??

My thoughts at the moment are to go B8's with the -40mm springs I already have. That's one decision I'm looking for data / experience on. The other is issue is then, would you add or need to add the ARB's ??

It's not that I have a particular issue with the -40mm Cobras (in fact, I'm impressed with them compared to the -40mm H&R I've driven and the -30mm Eibach). It's just that if I can get any improvements at all going to that set up, why not. As long as there is zero increase in harshness or noise etc

Are you saying that the H&R ARB's make a significant difference without the B14's ?? What set up did you have before the B14's - just standard??

My thoughts at the moment are to go B8's with the -40mm springs I already have. That's one decision I'm looking for data / experience on. The other is issue is then, would you add or need to add the ARB's ??

It's not that I have a particular issue with the -40mm Cobras (in fact, I'm impressed with them compared to the -40mm H&R I've driven and the -30mm Eibach). It's just that if I can get any improvements at all going to that set up, why not. As long as there is zero increase in harshness or noise etc

@T6180 fitted the ARB's separately to his B14's and he often mentions on how much better the ride was once fitted.
I personally have H&R ARB's fitted, but had them done at the same time as the B14's so cannot comment on your question.

Back