[Guide] Mobile Solar Panels ? . . . - How I Did It -

Suns out solar is out. . . -- July 2023 --

I've run the ROAMER 230sb dead flat for a BMS SOC refresh as its been running a while now.

its done to 0% and cut off the power, so i know its dead flat.

1686654136462.png

now for the full recharge.

I've dropped the Fold out 200w LENSUN on the roof . . . . .

this come with a SB50 Anderson conector from the factory. . . . so i made up a short SB50 to MC4 cable.

1686654154708.png

I've added a few MEGNET HOOKS to stop the panel from blowing away is any wind gusts . . .

1686654309835.png

I've connevted the panel via made up MC4-MC4 cable to the RENOGY DC50s

1686654389282.png

plugged into the solar in port . . . so 25A max with an input VOC max of 25V ( my panel is 19v VOC so im good )

1686654433296.png

charging has kicked in . . . shown as around 7A,

1686654519166.png1686654542163.png

thats the power going to the battery . . .

But the Renogy is showing around 8A . . . the other Amp will be feeding the WIFI and Dashcam . .

1686654600310.png1686654609607.png

ill leave this running today and see what we get. . .

the panel is partially shaded, so I'm expecting the solar yield to increase. . .

1686654675259.png

1686654620112.png

Happy days and FREE Power (#once you have bought the gear lol)

@T6steve

you need the 75/15 as a min.

or 100/20 to future proof yourself if you wanted to add more panel later.

or 100/30 if you wanted total future proofing and GO LARGE.

i have all of the above and can vouch for them all.

+++++++++++

View attachment 202223

++++

100/20

View attachment 202224

+++

100/30

View attachment 202225
Thanks for that info Lee. I will have a measure up later but will probably go with the 30 if it fits.

Which MPPT will charge two Lesuire battery’s and the starter battery at the same time.
I have a Epever DuoRacer, but think it’s faulty as it’s not charging the starter up.
Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn’t.
Been looking on my global tracker at the battery state, and realised my installer has hooked up the global tracker to Lesuire battery’s and not starter.
So when I check on my Global S7 app, it’s showing Lesuire voltage not starter !
Lost 0.5v over 3 days.
Not driven Cali for 4 weeks.
Starter was 12.4v Friday. It’s now at 11.9v
No dashcam attached. Fridge not on.

What would be the best solution for a briefcase style solar panel I could pop onto the dash, or up against the windscreen, to charge an Ecoflow power station please?

Would like to top up the power station when camping or leaving it for the day to keep a fridge cold. But might not be somewhere I can leave it safely outside the van so would like to be able to lock it all up. I know this might not be the best option for capturing the most sun. I think it needs an XT60 plug to plug into the unit? No further devices needed right?

Separately question, do higher wattage panels effectively mean they are bigger or are some just more efficient?

Suitcase style will be too bulky and large to fit on dash.

Look at either a fold up 100w that will fit on the dash.

Or .

100w or so flat flexible panel placed on roof with magnets.

More panel means larger size.

Efficientcy is around 18-22% so much the much.(unless you look at the new bifacial panels)

As for the Ecoflow. Just get a mc4 to XT60 cable and connect the EF to the panel. (Check the voc of your EF and make sure your panel is below that.)

I'm doing the same with mine now.

Two 100w panels in parallel with a Y adapter.

Into a mc4 extension cable.

Into a mc4 to XT60 conector.

20230619_165757.jpg20230619_165810.jpg20230619_165823.jpg20230619_165835.jpg20230619_165849.jpg

Screenshot_20230619_165722.jpgScreenshot_20230619_141049.jpgScreenshot_20230619_165745.jpg

Voltage open circuit.

It's the max voltage spec from the panel.

Your EF will have a max input voltage.

The max panel voltage needs to be under the max EF input voltage.

Hello
We are just about to buy a EF river 2pro, and also an EF portable solar panel.
I was thinking of getting the smaller 160W panel as it’s more compact for storing away in the campervan and I think it could be stuck to the van windscreen with ecoflow suckers.
Do you think I’ll regret not buying the bigger 220W panel? or will the 160w be adequate?
Sale on so making the most of it..

Anyone got one of these? What do peoples think?Only a few reviews atm. :cool:

Hello
We are just about to buy a EF river 2pro, and also an EF portable solar panel.
I was thinking of getting the smaller 160W panel as it’s more compact for storing away in the campervan and I think it could be stuck to the van windscreen with ecoflow suckers.
Do you think I’ll regret not buying the bigger 220W panel? or will the 160w be adequate?
Sale on so making the most of it..
I have the EF River 2 Pro and am also looking at the 160w panel whilst it’s being offered with a third off the price. I’d be interested to the answer to your question too.

I have the EF River 2 Pro and am also looking at the 160w panel whilst it’s being offered with a third off the price. I’d be interested to the answer to your question too.
Well, I think I’ll just jump in and get the 160w as decided the next size up will be a pain to store when away in the van, and it’s a bit cheaper too, so will buy/try those EF suckers

Well, I think I’ll just jump in and get the 160w as decided the next size up will be a pain to store when away in the van, and it’s a bit cheaper too, so will buy/try those EF suckers
I’m sitting in my van now measuring the space where I’d want to store it and the 160w panel will hide safely in it without risk of damage and not take the storage space of anything else. I think I have a winner.
So I came straight in, redeemed 200 points from my EcoCredits (saved £10) and ordered the 160w panel, completed the order, and got offered a 5% discount on the EcoFlow River 2 Pro - down to £616.55 (valid only for 2 minutes!). I declined as I already have that unit but it was a decent offer on top of the already heavily discounted price.

Last edited:
I’m sitting in my van now measuring the space where I’d want to store it and the 160w panel will hide safely in it without risk of damage and not take the storage space of anything else. I think I have a winner.
So I came straight in, redeemed 200 points from my EcoCredits (saved £10) and ordered the 160w panel, completed the order, and got offered a 5% discount on the EcoFlow River 2 Pro - down to £616.55 (valid only for 2 minutes!). I declined as I already have that unit but it was a decent offer on top of the already heavily discounted price.
Excellent work there , I’ve just ordered mine too , plus a 3m solar extension cable.

Tell me if I'm being a dummy! I ordered the EcoFlow 160w solar panel, the website says that the 'Solar to XT60 Charging Cable' is in the box.....except it isn't! Is the website wrong? Did anybody else get the lead included? The manual when you read that seems to suggest the lead is sold separately, except you wouldn't know until the panel; arrived without it. I just have the lead shown in the 3rd image which is fixed to the panel. I have emailed their customer support (at 5 on a Friday) so they may get back to me next week, but if you know whether they've advertised it wrong or I'm wrong it would be helpful to know. Thanks.:unsure:

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 17.01.49.png

tempImageDwTbas.png

tempImageDyPEbJ.png

Hi
My kit came today, a river 2 pro and 160 solar, and. yes no XT60 lead included, it’s odd as I actually got a lead when I brought the original river pro,
I’ll have to go read the ad on their website

Hi
My kit came today, a river 2 pro and 160 solar, and. yes no XT60 lead included, it’s odd as I actually got a lead when I brought the original river pro,
I’ll have to go read the ad on their website
Hmmm, I don’t remember if I got a lead with my River 2 Pro. I’ll have to have a look. Edit: I've had a look and can't find one and they're not listed as included with the River 2 Pro. Maybe @Dellmassive knows if the lead should come with the solar panel because he seems to have the entire catalogue from EcoFlow?

Last edited:
Back