Got city braking thingy.....want adaptive cruise control...possible?

I got this on my new 18 plate van too. Well the city braking thing. When I saw it I thought I’d got lucky and got an ACC without paying but not quite the case. Ha!

Thought I would resurrect this thread regarding enabling ACC. I’ve just picked up a new MY18 with DSG and I’m about to get a new steering wheel for it so wondered if should get one with the ACC buttons.

Anyone had any joy with enabling ACC?

Thought I would resurrect this thread regarding enabling ACC. I’ve just picked up a new MY18 with DSG and I’m about to get a new steering wheel for it so wondered if should get one with the ACC buttons.

Anyone had any joy with enabling ACC?

Not yet that I’ve seen or heard unfortunately.

I believe, it’s the button on steering wheel you need and also an additional module. Obviously the sensor too.

Im not sure anyone here has actually tried yet
The radar sensor on the front is the same unit and when i looked i couldnt see any hardware differences other than the button !
Whos going to be the brave one !

Im not sure anyone here has actually tried yet
The radar sensor on the front is the same unit and when i looked i couldnt see any hardware differences other than the button !
Whos going to be the brave one !

Now that’s interesting!

Anyone selling a steering wheel. Haha!

I think @Adams fitted it to his van :unsure: is there not some graphics on the dash as well ?

@Adams come on spill the beans, have you? :D
:D

I’m definitely interested in giving this ago! Wonder if this would be the time to change to a golf steering wheel with paddle shift at same time?

However that may invalidate the warranty I suppose?

The paddles is the main reason I’m looking at swapping out the steering wheel so I figured I may as well look in to seeing if I should get one with the ACC button. I’d certainly give it a go if it’s a possibility.

Have you fitted one yet? I’m also interested based on getting a wheel with paddles,and if it’s just a case of having a button too for the ACC, then that would convince me to part with my cash!!

Have you fitted one yet? I’m also interested based on getting a wheel with paddles,and if it’s just a case of having a button too for the ACC, then that would convince me to part with my cash!!

No one has yet made the jump. I’ve contacted a couple of people who do the steering wheel fitting but not heard back yet.

I’ve ordered a new wheel but I need to swap my buttons on to it. If I can find somewhere that sells the ACC buttons, I’m up for installing them and giving it a go.

I’ve ordered a new wheel but I need to swap my buttons on to it. If I can find somewhere that sells the ACC buttons, I’m up for installing them and giving it a go.

You have to get the buttons programmed in I believe. You can’t just swap them in and out. That’s what I’m led to believe anyhow.

I’m getting the same standard T6 steering wheel, only re-trimmed to my spec and with the DSG paddles. I’ll just swap my airbag and buttons from my current one to this new one. That won’t need any coding as it’s a like-for-like swap. If I can find somewhere that sells the buttons for the ACC version, I’ll pop them in and see if I can code it to work. I have VCDS so can give it a go.

@Adams come on spill the beans, have you? :D
:D

I’m definitely interested in giving this ago! Wonder if this would be the time to change to a golf steering wheel with paddle shift at same time?

However that may invalidate the warranty I suppose?
Not yet mate :( I have the loom ready and the ACC radar, just not had time to, I have the T6 wheel fitted with the button on (obviously doesn’t do much yet) I know what coding changes there are in the ECU for cruise control types (but could even need an ECU swap)

My wheel with paddles and acc turned up this arvo, will be fitting in the morning.
What do I need to enable through vcds?

My wheel with paddles and acc turned up this arvo, will be fitting in the morning.
What do I need to enable through vcds?

Fitted mine this morning. Paddles work fine without doing anything else, but having the acc button caused epc errors to come up. Cleared and immediately back again. I think it’s option in the acc modules for “enable nar” that needs to be set to active, but it seems this module is locked down as VCP was refused write access..
so then transferred my old buttons to new wheel. And all good, just no acc.

Interesting.. Someone will get to the bottom of it. I'm still kicking myself as missed the option at new and was only £4o0 and in scheme of things wasn't alot. But I thought I was actually getting it. never mind.

Fitted mine this morning. Paddles work fine without doing anything else, but having the acc button caused epc errors to come up. Cleared and immediately back again. I think it’s option in the acc modules for “enable nar” that needs to be set to active, but it seems this module is locked down as VCP was refused write access..
so then transferred my old buttons to new wheel. And all good, just no acc.
Very interesting… By ACC module you mean the radar module? Any idea what “enable nar” possibly means? What were the ECP errors, which module?

The other thread on the same subject ( Carista ) was left at the point where it seemed that the next step to enable ACC would have been to change cruise control setup in the engine ECU. That was based on what the visibility through the VCDS. Have you had a deeper look with VCP there?

I think that path was not yet tried as the ACC buttons on steering wheel were still missing then. The radar modules had identical part numbers and also the documented codings were a proper match.

Back