Got city braking thingy.....want adaptive cruise control...possible?

Whoever cracks how to retro fit ACC to existing brake sensor will have a lot of customers. I’m desperate to get it upgraded. Fingers crossed.

What is the part number of your ABS unit?
Can you please post your complete VCDS AUTOSCAN?

Reactions: mmi
Is this true @dnoermann?? I’ve been wanting this for 3 years!! Where/how/how much? Sign me up!!
I stopped by at his place in Germany on my way to Munich for a ski holiday, and he kindly sorted it out for me in just over an hour. I have to say, I was as keen as you to get it enabled.

I stopped by at his place in Germany on my way to Munich for a ski holiday, and he kindly sorted it out for me in just over an hour. I have to say, I was as keen as you to get it enabled.
Oh right! Was there no hardware needed at all? Different buttons on the steering wheel, no?
Never been to Germany so I’d 100% use it as an excuse for a little roadtrip to get this done!

Reactions: mmi
Hi Shaun,

This sounds fantastic! Could you let us know a little bit more about how you achieve this? Did you already have the buttons fitted, or any other hardware changes? Or is it that any T6 with city braking can be modified for ACC within a hour?

Hi Shaun,

This sounds fantastic! Could you let us know a little bit more about how you achieve this? Did you already have the buttons fitted, or any other hardware changes? Or is it that any T6 with city braking can be modified for ACC within a hour?
Obviously I needed the correct buttons on my steering wheel, so I had to source a replacement wheel (from eBay in my case). I also sent a VCDS scan of my van to ensure it could be done. I’m not sure whether all vans would need the same, but mine is a 2018 Highline TSI panel van.
Best bet is to PM him and enquire.

So as diskussed over a lot pages on other place in this Forum.
ACC Upgrade is possible on all T6.
Its sometimes more work, sometimes less.

So:
- ABS Change is never needed (we thought in the beginning that it is, but it's not)
- Obviously you need the Sensor and the Sensor holder and the Bumper with the hole for it, and all the cabling, if you only have City-Breaking than this is all there already
- With City Breaking only Changing the Steering-Wheel to the one with the ACC Buttons (only the one from T6 works !)
- the Rest is Coding and Magic Hacking

Please can you give an idea of the cost to do this work?

Many thanks,
Four thousand of your earth pounds plus VAT !

I queried this with Hazzy Days, my vehicle already has the front assist and city braking facility & cruise Control.

they responded and advised “ABS pump needs to be changed“, therefore cost = £4K

Back