Glovebox and vents on order.

@Pauly when I was in parts this morning he showed me the screen with USB 's on and it showed the spliter . Hopefully you might get a bit more info this week .

Yeah i have seen the pictures but believe it or not there are 8 different usb/aux in configurations/part numbers depending on setup ie with/without app connect, 1 or 2 usb connectors, in glovebox/on dashboard etc
I need to check each one and be certain what they are before i can start ordering parts or getting stuff for people as once ordered its not returnable and i dont want to be stuck with them as not going to be cheap !!

Must go and have a look at one because, while it is a nice idea, it doesn't look like a very big glovebox.

Be interested to know, those who have done / are doing the work, how much space there is behind there.

Must go and have a look at one because, while it is a nice idea, it doesn't look like a very big glovebox.

Be interested to know, those who have done / are doing the work, how much space there is behind there.
This is one that exploria in brighouse did

FB_IMG_1466013295611.jpg

That's the problem - just putting a lid on a small space.

What would be better would be blanking off the space below and the glove box using that space as well.

That's the problem - just putting a lid on a small space.

What would be better would be blanking off the space below and the glove box using that space as well.
This the space with the glove box out

IMAG1961.jpg

Got any more pics like that @carlg with the glovebox out you should be able to see the USB interface we were talking about ?

Got any more pics like that @carlg with the glovebox out you should be able to see the USB interface we were talking about ?
It's only a trend line van with just a single USB and standard radio

While the posh dash has a lot of storage compartments, none are very big. For regularly used items (sunglasses, etc) we tend to use the side door pockets.
The middle lower one is handy for change though.
The cup holder tray is good but restricts access to the passenger seat when out.
Still not sure what the mystery lower "wine bottle" compartment is for; only fits screw top bottles which are often used for peasant wine.

Is that all then it will fit in?
Yes both sides need cutting back ,across the bottom needs cutting and in the photo a few post up at the top there are 2 square blocks that need cutting off .
It's the bottom that's the problem it will need some modification ,you might need some felt or I looked at a flocking kit to make it look good ,I think when glove box is closed you don't see it .
If you look at your new glove box you will see how thick the lid is and you have to get it to fit flush ..The new vents are slightly thicker than old so it will line up better

from what I can see looks like the glovebox sits a lot further in

from what I can see looks like the glovebox sits a lot further in
Yes it does ,if you look at the photo higher up ,between the 2 square blocks there are som clips the glove box will clip in those

Am i right in thinking that the T5 had a proper glovebox as standard? if so it seems a backward step, when the Caddy didn't used to have one previously and with the new model released at the same time as the T6 they've added one to make the interior better in their words :speechless:

The glovebox mod certainly looks well though, not sure if i'll go to those lengths personally as it doesn't look like it holds a huge amount, but they are useful to keep valuables away from prying eyes.

Should be on all T6's as standard.

One of the reasons i want to do it is so i can have an extra usb in there to connect the car stick/surf stick so i can use carnet on the move, dont fancy leaving an expensive usb dongle poking out the front of the dash ready to be caught by little people, that and the fact i can leave a mobile on charge without it being in plain sight of any passing scallywags

Am i right in thinking that the T5 had a proper glovebox as standard? if so it seems a backward step, when the Caddy didn't used to have one previously and with the new model released at the same time as the T6 they've added one to make the interior better in their words :speechless:

The glovebox mod certainly looks well though, not sure if i'll go to those lengths personally as it doesn't look like it holds a huge amount, but they are useful to keep valuables away from prying eyes.

Should be on all T6's as standard.

You do get the lower glove box but it is a bit smaller.

One of the reasons i want to do it is so i can have an extra usb in there to connect the car stick/surf stick so i can use carnet on the move, dont fancy leaving an expensive usb dongle poking out the front of the dash ready to be caught by little people, that and the fact i can leave a mobile on charge without it being in plain sight of any passing scallywags

It's a great deal of effort and expense to go to just for a USB connection. You could just add one to the lower glove box or perhaps to the overhead pocket?

Back