Glovebox and vents on order.

Am I right in thinking if I just wanted to move the USB port from the dash pocket to the centre console pocket I could just buy the smaller socket and use the original wire??

Like this..... (apologies for the awful photoshop skills)

View attachment 4795
In the photo the green plug is USB and black plug auxiliary in .This probably one for @Pauly ,I remember him saying the original dash one is different from the center console one .

Original dash socket has six 'pin' connection as it takes two data lines ie USB 1 and USB 2 plus power
Replacement sockets which are intended for dual USB setup are four 'pin' connection as only take one data line plus power per socket if that makes sense
Bottom line if you want to move it and retain cable (if it reaches) I think you would have to buy the new housing and transfer the USB socket guts out of dash unit and transfer to new housing

@Pauly do you have the part numbers for the USB adaptor? I've seen two types of adaptor, one with a green and brown lead connector and the other has green, brown and black.....what's the difference?

I have a couple part numbers but can’t be 100% on which is which, I bought an additional socket and lead for mine and it has the wrong plug on it, one of the many on the todo list of things to sort out
I have a number for the centre console one and one for the top glove one but not sure if they are apple compatible (which is where I previously thought the green connector was significant for) but am now of the opinion (thanks to @carlg) that you can only have one socket for apple car play

I have a couple part numbers but can’t be 100% on which is which, I bought an additional socket and lead for mine and it has the wrong plug on it, one of the many on the todo list of things to sort out
I have a number for the centre console one and one for the top glove one but not sure if they are apple compatible (which is where I previously thought the green connector was significant for) but am now of the opinion (thanks to @carlg) that you can only have one socket for apple car play
thank you

Guys @Pauly or @BiTurbo, I want to have the USB socket (part 510035726) in the centre console tray for charging only.

How have you completed the wiring?

I know I’ll need a USB power converter, but more to the point part 510035726, appears to have the 4 pin green connector, where as the dash USB has the same 4 pin green connector and the additional 2 power supply pins, which 510035726 doesn’t have. Which rules out just re-routing the dash socket supply cable to the centre tray.

Thanks as ever.

Last edited:
Back