Dash options...

YellowHound

Photographer
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I currently have my dashboard in pieces as I'm in the process of fitting some new ICE.

I've managed to break one of the supports off the centre vent panel when removing it - d'oh!

I can epoxy this back on but It's got me thinking about options.

I could order the Van-X glovebox and side vent trims but this still leaves me with the centre vents in the non-glossy finish.

So am thinking of ordering the Van-x bits and then the OE gloss black centre vents and instrument cluster surround.

Has anybody tried this? - I'm just wondering how these parts will sit together, and whether I'm better off getting the gloss black OE right & left vents, still with the Van-X glovebox.

I'd be grateful for any thoughts or experiences of doing this. Thanks!

No idea how they go together but pretty sure i have at least the glossy centre radio surround sat on a shelf brand new ;)

To answer my own question...

I've ordered the Van-X glovebox and side vent trims, along with an OE gloss black centre vent panel. Bought the gloss black instrument surround off Pauly too.

So I'll see how this all works together. I may well order the OE side vents but wanted to restrict my spending and I'm sure I can live with the Van-X items for a while at least.

To answer my own question...

I've ordered the Van-X glovebox and side vent trims, along with an OE gloss black centre vent panel. Bought the gloss black instrument surround off Pauly too.

So I'll see how this all works together. I may well order the OE side vents but wanted to restrict my spending and I'm sure I can live with the Van-X items for a while at least.
A little late to this conversation perhaps, but for the OE comfort dash centre vent panel to fit into a standard dash some trimming of the lower edge is required. Similar story on the OE comfort side vents. It’s been done before and with good results, but you will need to do a little work with the centre surround to get it to match the Van-X items.

Back