Glovebox and vents on order.

@Pauly ,I think I will need the USB box ,the small USB to go in the centre console and the leads to connect them .
Do you know the price for these parts ?

Looking at £170 inc vat delivered but still working out a couple minor details
Not all of the usb sockets state they are compatible with Apple functions, the large one i pictured definitely is but i need to double check the little one
The cables to connect the usb box to the sockets all state 300mm and this seems a little short to reach the centre console so was planning to get one and offer it up to my van to see
I will send you my number and we can have a chat about it tomorrow

Well the two usbs i ordered are from @Caravellet6 van and he has confirmed they both work with car play so thats good
Just need to confirm the lead length is ok and should be good to go

The loose end goes into back of the radio in place of the existing usb cable but as mentioned before the extra two power wires on the original dash socket need to be swapped to a plug along with a 12v supply to power the box
Im still working on finding a complete lead to fit instead of farting around with the power cables will know more when i get my van back and have a better look behind the stereo

IMG_2973.JPG

Last edited:
The loose end goes into back of the radio in place of the existing usb cable but as mentioned before the extra two power wires on the original dash socket need to be swapped to a plug along with a 12v supply to power the box
Im still working on finding a complete lead to fit instead of farting around with the power cables will know more when i get my van back and have a better look behind the stereo

View attachment 2319
I am sure you have it all in hand

I got this far with the usb, just need my van back to plug them into

View attachment 2316
@Pauly ,the bigger USB in the photo ,is this the one for glove box ?
The standard van one is a different shape and won't fit in the glove box .
Have you managed to source a lead for power to USB splitter or do you think you will still have to swop pins over to the red connector.

I have purchased a USB power convertor, and wired up the USB port in the glovebox and the tray next to gearstick. All work for charging.

I really want to have both usbs working with app connect ,and car net ,so will need to go genuine vw .

@Pauly ,the bigger USB in the photo ,is this the one for glove box ?
The standard van one is a different shape and won't fit in the glove box .
Have you managed to source a lead for power to USB splitter or do you think you will still have to swop pins over to the red connector.
Thats correct one large and one small for glovebox and centre console, i havent tried anything else with it yet as havent/dont have the time
Havent made any progress in terms of power source as discussed before it looks like all that is required is the 5V + and - need to be taken from the dash socket and connected to the usb hub along with a 12V supply which can come directly from lower fusebox or other place if easier and connected into the red plug

Managed to get the genuine vw USB splitter and both USB,s fitted with the help from @Pauly .Not a bad job to do ,two cables to remove out of the existing dash USB socket and a new 12volt feed to get to the splitter ,I used a piggyback fuse and fitted it in a spare fuse holder .
All works with app connect .
Also got some vcds tweeks done ,so happy days ,big thanks to @Pauly for the USB help and @Nickdaw for the vcds weeks

IMAG2255.jpg IMAG2254.jpg downloadfile.jpg

I have app connect but sure I have just the one on dash, but mine is a panel van so no glove box

I have app connect but sure I have just the one on dash, but mine is a panel van so no glove box

Then you will visit the dealers and purchase a glovebox maybe.
And end up like this .........

IMG_1164.JPG

Managed to get the genuine vw USB splitter and both USB,s fitted with the help from @Pauly .Not a bad job to do ,two cables to remove out of the existing dash USB socket and a new 12volt feed to get to the splitter ,I used a piggyback fuse and fitted it in a spare fuse holder .
All works with app connect .
Also got some vcds tweeks done ,so happy days ,big thanks to @Pauly for the USB help and @Nickdaw for the vcds weeks

View attachment 3943 View attachment 3944 View attachment 3945

@amdowney this is the USB"s I put in

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I right in thinking if I just wanted to move the USB port from the dash pocket to the centre console pocket I could just buy the smaller socket and use the original wire??

Like this..... (apologies for the awful photoshop skills)

IMG_1099.JPG

Back