Lower glovebox

2016-10-09%2008.46.42_zpsqwugmhou.jpg

Middle storage area

2016-10-09%2008.46.53_zps1ylskbtb.jpg

Cupholders

2016-10-09%2008.47.04_zpsz8kbdbmv.jpg

Lower bottle storage thingy

2016-10-09%2008.47.15_zpssk06e3qo.jpg

And finally the top dash storage compartment (with the 12v torch you get in it's box!)

2016-10-09%2008.47.25_zpsbxzgvqno.jpg

Nice one thanks mate
The 2nd usb goes above the 12V socket in the middle storage area, you prob dont get them on the low spec california :laugh:

Calis and Vels seem to miss out on that middle storage "slot"(not the one by the gear shift), it is covered by a trim.

That is where I think it would be good if the top glove box used all of the space available for the top and middle storage. It would make the top glove box a bit deeper.

Has anyone looked at converting the standard dash top tray to one with a lid and a power point. The T5.1 tray has a 12V socket that is always live and it is the one I always use.

Calis and Vels seem to miss out on that middle storage "slot"(not the one by the gear shift), it is covered by a trim.

That is where I think it would be good if the top glove box used all of the space available for the top and middle storage. It would make the top glove box a bit deeper.

Has anyone looked at converting the standard dash top tray to one with a lid and a power point. The T5.1 tray hasa 12V socket that is always live and it is the one I always use.
I have thought about changing the top tray ,but I need to look at a caravelle and measure up .if you cut top tray out and it doesn't work it's new dash time .when I first saw the caravelle one I thought it was a straight swop ,but then when I got the hire van I realized it was moulded into the dash .It's on the list to look into as I hate that top tray ,by the way it has a 12 volt socket just like T5.1

Top tray won't fit. Its a totally different dash. Checked one out the other day.

@BiTurbo ,did you trim bottom of vent or recess it in to the dash .
How long did it take you ?

Thanks @carlg I thought there was 12V.

Strikes me that there is scope for new aftermarket bits here. A better top glovebox or at least lid solution, a top tray cover and lower cup holders.

Nice one thanks mate
The 2nd usb goes above the 12V socket in the middle storage area, you prob dont get them on the low spec california :laugh:
Steady on...
We've not used our one USB port yet.
We plug an adaptor into the Euro socket (run off the leisure batteries) behind the passenger seat. It has two USB ports so we charge off that. Not had any reason to use the single one in the glovebox yet.

Last edited:
No not touched the vent apart from removing the foam.
It took me about 10hrs, painstaking it is.....
When I tried vent it wouldn't fit flush,even with foam removed ,perhaps once you cut the dash away for glove box it must fit .
Are you getting the 3 other parts fitted now or do you need a rest

Closer pic of bottom edge. Had to cut along the line of shinny and textured plastic.

WP_20161009_17_50_36_Pro.jpg

When I tried vent it wouldn't fit flush,even with foam removed ,perhaps once you cut the dash away for glove box it must fit .
Are you getting the 3 other parts fitted now or do you need a rest

Yes the other two pieces will be ordered shortly then it's the lower piece... Lol

@Pauly I found this photo hope it helps
It's a square one ,rather than oblong

Transporter 6 (Life - Interior).jpg

Closer pic of bottom edge. Had to cut along the line of shinny and textured plastic.

View attachment 2112
It looks better than I expected ,I thought that would be the line to cut along ,it doesn't look like it needs anything doing across the bottom .well done ,I know it's going to be a right job .But I can't wait to get cutting .

I tip my hat to you @BiTurbo , some skill, patience and balls to cut up your dash, looks superb and definitely worth your efforts :thumbsup:

Back