Getting Stuck In The Mud

Oh, that theory is blown then!

Only thing I can think of is that I found you had to start the engine as soon as you hear the bong or it didn’t work.

....and I tried it again this morning. Did the same thing and each time as soon as I moved the traction control was reactivated. Poo.

So the reason it works or not has nothing to do with auto or not it must be some condition that the vehicle is sensing. It was raining this morning so, grasping at straws here, will it reactivate if the wipers are going?

I tried the hazard light/ accelerator trick and sure enough, a dash indication comes up to say traction control and tyre pressure monitor is deactivated. However, as soon as I put it in Drive, it resets back to normal.

Anyone got this to work with a DSG box, so that it stays deactivated when you move off?
Same with mine - Pity - I have an uphill climb from my drive. Snow is on the horizon. Buttock clench time of year is here.

Doh, went to a campsite in a wet December, completely packed, ended up digging a hole at the bottom of a boggy hill. I’d just dieselled up and had a full 60 litres of water on board too. It had sunk so deep in the mud, front and rear that I couldn’t get underneath to dump the water!

Luckily, there was a chap staying there (two pitches away) who was a recovery driver, and he pulled me out of my muddy mess. Couldn’t have picked a better place to get stuck in the mud. What a decent chappie!

I found that even without using the hazards/brake pedal trick, the van let me spin the wheels without the traction slowing things down.

Pete

91BDC30B-5B5F-41CD-8796-EC837ADF9888.jpeg

I tried the hazard light/ accelerator trick and sure enough, a dash indication comes up to say traction control and tyre pressure monitor is deactivated. However, as soon as I put it in Drive, it resets back to normal.

Anyone got this to work with a DSG box, so that it stays deactivated when you move off?
Perhaps as a last resort a trick introduced in another thread could be used :unsure: --> Traction Control
The fuse seems to be actually for (only) steering angle sensor (G85) and removing it probably just as a side-effect disables traction control.

I’ve hazard thing does work it just seems to do it inconsistently. I found that if you wait a second before switching on the engine that sometimes the traction would reingage. So just switch back of and try again. Sometimes a few goes was needed that’s all.

..... eeeeh .. but it 's so that you should do .... take fuses? ... but come on .. you must find a simple and effective ....

Hi, I thought I give some feedback from personal experience on this very post. Also almost got stuck in mud yesterday with my 2017 4x2 manual.
After struggling for about 7minutes, with traction control limiting engine power, the traction control gave up and switched off by itself. Only then was I able to get the refs up and got myself unstuck.

I then stumbled across this post in search for a way to turn TC off whenever I need to. I tried the hazard lights/5x accelerator pedal procedure and at first it did not work.
I then repeated the procedure, bit this time I turned the ignition on 1st, then the hazards and then the 5x accelerator pedal thingy.
This time the procedure was working perfectly fine and the TC turned off.
The TC also turns itself back on as soon as you have momentum with all 4 wheels rotating at the same speed - meaning you are now un stuck.

Back