Traction Control - ESC/ASR & HDA switch retrofit

Sorry to bring this back up but I'm new to T6 ownership and I'm trying to get up to speed!

I don't have the switch for traction control so can't turn it off.

The method in the video above appears to be for a rolling road only.

Has anyone worked out how to switch it off? Or is the system clever enough to know when I'm on snow and want some more power?

Cheers Adam

In the fuse box under the gearstick, there are 3 rows of fuses at the top.

Right hand row, the top bunch of fuses are the smaller type. Pull the lowest one. It's for the ESP.

You'll get warning light. Warning will reset when you put fuse back .

Capture+_2018-03-18-22-28-35.png

I found out how to to turn traction control off on a 17 t6
Turn on hazard lights.
Turn ignition key on but don't start engine.
Depress accelerator 5 times.
You should hear a beep and traction control should light up on dash.
Start engine and drive off.
Hazards have to stay on whole time.
To deactivate turn hazards off.
Hope this helps.

I found out how to to turn traction control off on a 17 t6
Turn on hazard lights.
Turn ignition key on but don't start engine.
Depress accelerator 5 times.
You should hear a beep and traction control should light up on dash.
Start engine and drive off.
Hazards have to stay on whole time.
To deactivate turn hazards off.
Hope this helps.

Doesn't work on my late 2015 T6.

Can anyone else do it?

does anyone know the part number of the pin and repair loom associated with pin 4 on the ABS modulator it will be only fitted on vans with traction control button

@Pauly maybe?

Thanks

Ray

I see where you are going with this, I keep pretty much every crimp VW produce so will prob have what you need but will need to see a pic of the plug or a part number for the plug to confirm
Is it pin 4 on the ABS control module you are trying to connect too ? If so can you give me the part number of you ABS controller (will be in a VCDS scan) and I can get the info i need from there, I imagine they are all the same but would like to confirm

I see where you are going with this, I keep pretty much every crimp VW produce so will prob have what you need but will need to see a pic of the plug or a part number for the plug to confirm
Is it pin 4 on the ABS control module you are trying to connect too ? If so can you give me the part number of you ABS controller (will be in a VCDS scan) and I can get the info i need from there, I imagine they are all the same but would like to confirm

here you go

Address 03: ABS Brakes (J104) Labels:. 7E0-907-37x-MK100ESC.clb
Part No SW: 7E0 907 379 P HW: 7E0 907 379 M
Component: ESC H06 0133
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 61887000000119
Coding: 307E4098256484860C7A027CA48B21D379F100
Shop #: WSC 02739 790 50316
ASAM Dataset: EV_Brake1ESCCONTIVN75XGP2 011001
ROD: EV_Brake1ESCCONTIVN75XGP2_011_VN35.rod
VCID: 3F8B7D39A63756BEB3-806Amodulator.png

obviously my van wont have a wire in pin 4 but someone with a button already will have

Yes i had a dig and it looks like the standard small pincer crimp with the waterproof seal on the rear
I have them at the office if you need one (along with the rubber seals)
Do you have the crimpers for them or do you want one made up on a length of cable ?

What's the thinking here? If you ground pin 4 from the ABS unit through a switch, will it turn the TC off?

Yes i had a dig and it looks like the standard small pincer crimp with the waterproof seal on the rear
I have them at the office if you need one (along with the rubber seals)
Do you have the crimpers for them or do you want one made up on a length of cable ?

fab

can I have 4 with the cable on already, a suitable length I will join them later approx. the length of a pencil will do

Back