Solutions For Parking On Grass

General consensus; are these grip mats used just when you get stuck or do you park on them as a precaution?
I’ve got a set and they look very flexible.
I've parked on mine when it's been wet; also had to put one under a levelling ramp on one site.

Reactions: EAN
I've parked on mine when it's been wet; also had to put one under a levelling ramp on one site.
I should have put one under my levelling ramps on the second site we were at since they were also sinking into the wet grass a bit.
I also saw a bloke in a motor home put chocks under his wheels when he was up on his ramps!

Reactions: CAB
Sounds like a good reason to go back to standard to me. Presumably that might also mean that you couldn't be recovered after a breakdown.

@EAN I suspect they're an emergency only thing and a bit too lightweight to park on them for any length of time.
Actually I’m wrong. It’s just the rear one we can’t access. Front should be fine and I’ve just found that this exists too VW Transporter T5.1/T6 - Tow Eye Extension - Sportline

Parked on grass here at the moment, needed to do a trip out of the site this morning, took four of us to push to get off the grass and onto the track.... Massive thanks to adjacent campers who assisted.

• Wow
I had to go into the back off the van to find something else this morning and was surprised when I found four of those yellow grip mats. When I mentioned it to my wife, she said something about me commenting at the time that I'd bought four of them as I didn't think they would last long once we started using them - usually it's her that forgets things and me that remembers everything!

• Haha
IMG_1140.jpeg

Had some fun this last week on CL’s with the Caravan, crossing wet fields with a 2t anchor on the back is sketchy!

Switching to the Agilis CrossClimate‘s has made a huge difference, we no longer get stuck 50m onto site which is great but I don’t half miss previous Land Rovers when we tow, thankfully that’s not often.

Should have gone 4MOTION really…

Worth it though:

IMG_1148.jpeg

Save your money.
I had a pack of the yellow ones and got stuck on grass/mud yesterday.
Tried to shove them under the tire as much as they would go and they did end up wedged in some mud with the wheel on top but didn't do anything.
Had to embarrassingly ask for a tow from a landie.

They are now covered in mud sitting in a bin bag in the back of the van along awaiting judgement and sentencing and possible method of execution.
I never got stuck with the T4/Agilis 51. Slightly annoying.

• Sad
Back