Fuel gauge going down QUICK

james_bt6

Hi, first time posting. Upgraded my T4 to a T6 and the fuel gauge seems to be going down really quickly!!

It might just be me being paranoid, but I wanted to get some second opinions. These are my readings after a 30min round trip.

I have the van booked in for a remap, would that help fuel economy? I bought the van on the basis that it was a 110bhp but it’s actually only a 84bhp

Any help would be appreciated, first time posting so go easy on me

IMG_1802.jpeg

IMG_1803.jpeg

May have just done a regen, which really affects the fuel consumption. Also, cold weather gives poorer MPG too.

My 21 T6.1 110 bhp only does 32 mpg around town and on a long motorway trip at 60- 65 mph I got 42 mpg.

John.

Don’t worry to much as said above regen uses more fuel! My average is up and down like a yo yo!
Range is only a guideline filled up yesterday range said 350 as last tank of fuel was short journeys but on motorway today jumped from 350 to 420

Thanks for the comments all - so all the readings look about right then? Does a professional remap to a 84bhp sound like the right thing to do? The van takes so long to get up to speed that I feel like it’s dangerous when merging onto motorways etc. but in the same breath I don’t want to knacker the van after 2 months of owning it. The place I’m taking it for a remap comes highly recommended - especially on this forum

32mpg is better than my round town mpg.
The range isn’t really relevant unless you’re rolling along at a constant speed. I think it bases the calculation on your last 10 miles driving.
I can drive round town and my range shows 100 miles. I can then roll 40 miles down the motorway and my range will now be 130 miles.

I’ve got a converted 102PS van and drove it at 65ish for 25 miles to the MOT this morning and averaged 49mpg, but normally get about 39mpg driving gently on a run.

I believe the 84PS is physically the same as the 102PS and therefore could be remapped with no ill effects, but please do your research.

I’m happy with my 102. Happily cruises at 85 on the Autobahn if required.

Last edited:
Interesting to read other people’s readings - That’s good MPG based on my experience - the best I’ve recorded since buying it 2 months ago is 37MPG

Back