Fridges & Cold Beer -- How I Done It --

I don’t think there is a make as such, I bought it off eBay and have since seen identical ones but with different names
1625087782294.png

Another shout for the Aplicool. Currently testing a C15 as a beer fridge on a 80ah LiPo4 and it's been running for 3 days now and the battery is down to 68% so I'm hoping for another 4 or 5 days before the voltage safety feature kicks in. In eco mode it uses about 28w and runs for approx 15 minutes every hour set at 4C with an outdoor temperature at about 23C. It's also got bluetooth so it can be controlled via an app. Well happy with it so far and in theory it could easily be self sufficient for a couple of weeks or more if linked up with a 100w solar panel although real life usage would impact that. For a long weekend away I think it's gonna be perfectly fine on just the leisure battery coupled with a 30A B2B charger.

Ran aplicool on 150 what solar panel for 7 days and still going strong. The beer is perfect temp and the gin an lemon is just right. Battery still 100 % at end of week

2021 updates . . .

60L fridge - £60 off voucher !!!

1627550513019.png

2021 updates . . .

Fridges are now starting to come out with Bluetooth + APP for setting and monitoring.

1627550587297.png1627550599805.png1627550611553.png1627550622019.png

2021 updates . . .

Fridges are now starting to come out with Bluetooth + APP for setting and monitoring.

View attachment 125366View attachment 125367View attachment 125368View attachment 125369
Well I'm in the market for a smaller fridge so have ordered this one. I'll let you know my thoughts once it arrives and i've used it for a week or two.
Cheer Lee @Dellmassive

Well I'm in the market for a smaller fridge so have ordered this one. I'll let you know my thoughts once it arrives and i've used it for a week or two.
Cheer Lee @Dellmassive
So ordered from Amazon. Said it was delivered, It wasn't. Amazon have now given refund.
Not sure what to do now. Do I order again or just choose a different fridge?
Shame as this one ticked all the boxes.

@Lord Mfwic

yes just order same again . . . I've had similar before with amazon . .

hopefully second unit will arrive promptly.

Just looking around for a new fridge and came across this, looks like a pretty good price for a clone of the 35 litre units

1632238010940.png

discount code "CCUK21" brings the price down to £178 delivered !

Just ordered one so we will see when it arrives

I purchased the 45l fridge from vevor earlier this summer, we love it.
Just so you are aware a few people have had a problem with customs duty when purchasing from vevor, including us. Thankfully this problem was sorted by vevor.
Whilst waiting for delivery I received a customs import bill for approx £80 and the delivery was held up until after payment was made.
When I purchased it from vevor there was a note on their website stating that they would pay any import duty if it was applied.
I contacted vevor with a copy of the import duty and later they then replied with proof that they had made the payment for the custom duty that day.
The fridge was delivered the very next day and as I have said above, we love it and it is one of the best things we have purchased this summer.

I didnt realise it was shipping from outside UK, handy to know, sounds like they are just winging it on the import fees/duties

Well i have just had a despatch email and tracking number and it refers to it as a UK order so may even see it by the weekend

Its arrived !
48 hours from order to deliver, 35l compressor fridge for £178 delivered im happy with that

Gave it a quick run today, fired it up and it ran for under an hour before shutting down and showing 4 degrees on the display

Im not going to go all crazy @Dellmassive on this but i am curious on the differences in power consumption between the mains power pack (that put out circa 14-14.5V) and straight 12V connection to battery so think im going to test it out

My plan is simple, i have a leisure battery in my garage that is fully charged so i intend to give it a quick top up with a charger and with a BM2 attached connect the fridge to it with 12v lead and run it until it dies, then rinse and repeat using a small invertor and the mains power pack and run it again until it dies, think i will leave the voltage cutoff set to high and the mode to max (which are both defaults) to speed up the test and see what my minimum run time will be worst case.

I know others say its better/more efficient off mains but i just cant see how introducing the inefficiencies of an invertor taking the voltage up to 230 then back down to 12-14V can be better ?
Guess this is one of those things i just need to do and see for myself !

Nice one @Pauly .... Welcome to Team "Proper Fridge" AKA Compressor Fridge.

Post some pics of your new fridge...

Also post some pics of your test setup when you do it....

Our testing showed that the lower 12v battery as a supply laboured the compressor more causing a higher current draw for the same wattage..... This higher current caused the battery SOC to drop faster which equaled a shorter run time.

The mains PSU run the compressor at a higher voltage, normally 14v-19v which appeared to cool down faster and cycle less often.. the net effect was a longer run time.

fwiw .. i run both my fridges on a 300w Pure sinewave inverter and a 4way extension lead - that's plugged into one of my 12v battery boxes. (Topped up via solar)

Back