Fridges & Cold Beer -- How I Done It --

Thats the same one i have arriving today from mr amazon

I dont have any plug in solutions to measure the current draw, i may just rig up a multimeter on the battery side to get a measure of the currents but yes my mains adapter is a slighter higher voltage at 14.5 (14.2 measured) so will be interesting to see

I want to know how long it will run for anyway so i know if i need to take solar with me or if my fully charged battery can deal with the fridge for a long weekend somewhere, so going to do a full run on it until the low voltage setting on the fridge cuts it out and we will see

Don't forget to fill it up with beer, milk, water as a full fridge is more efficient than an empty one. (Thermal load / beer more dense than air )

Nothing scientific yet but i have ran for a few hours a couple times, does what its supposed, gets cold quick, i even set it to -10 yesterday and frosty ice stuff appeared inside

If im being super critical it does let out a bit of a rattle whilst spinning up or spinning down the compressor, nothing major as its only a 5 sec noise every half hour when it fires up, might be slightly annoying if you had it in the van with you but to be fair im normally pissed by then so wouldnt bother me

If i was buying again i would still go for it, maybe even go for the next size up (which your doing anyway)

I was too late and they are sold out again… thinking about the 50l now…

ordered the 100w renogy flexi solar panel and battery box to power it though :)
Yeah they seem to be very popular at the moment. Been looking myself. I am looking to get an Allpowers Solar panel for my 3 in 1 battery box. Busy time for the credit card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a link now. Bags on sale for £70. If I knew how to post a link, I would.

Alpicool 45L dual zone:

ayimg.com%2Fimages%2Fg%2FiYUAAOSwoRphISEk%2Fs-l400.jpg

12v & 240v Camping Compressor Fridge Freezer,45 litre,Dual Temp Compartments, | eBay

Menu - Homepage - - - - POWER MANAGEMENT - 12v - TAMBOUR DOORS - RIB ALTAIR/CAMPERVAN SEATS - Passenger/Driver Swivel Plates - RIB Altair 120cm with Slider - RIB Underseat Panels - RIB Altair 130cm with Slider - RIB Altair 150cm Non Slider - VW T5 Front Seat Panels - RIB Altair 150cm with Slider...
www.ebay.co.uk

+++

Alpicool with Bluetooth APP

30L - £230 - Alpicool 30L~ 50L Portable Freezer 12V 24V Car Refrigerator Fridge APP Control | eBay

40L - £275 - Alpicool 30L~ 50L Portable Freezer 12V 24V Car Refrigerator Fridge APP Control | eBay

50L - £310 - Alpicool 30L~ 50L Portable Freezer 12V 24V Car Refrigerator Fridge APP Control | eBay

1633596221544.png

@Dellmassive thanks for updating... posted form the wrong window on my phone... #latenightposting

Current prices of the fridges on amazon. they are cheaper on Vevor but some models are out of stock...

1633598790096.png

Back