Fridges & Cold Beer -- How I Done It --

@VanDamMan - You got a link Andre.
Hi ya…unfortunately you cant buy direct…I made the the mistake of buying the fridge before finding out the UK doesn’t support the entire range….but I contact IndelB ( Italy) who put me in contact with Midland Chandlers…so had a special order placed …see copy of form

hope that helps…they also do a big range of kit ( but can’t order directly)

Offindleb see this link

58174E77-CC52-4177-938B-19C5F8D34AC0.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Andre,
Thanks for the info. I will do some further investigations for an insulated cover for my Alpicool CX 50 fridge/ freezer. Waiting for a reply from Alpicool in USA.

Yeah I ordered that one too, but it doesn't fit the CX50 unit, which is fridge freezer I ordered.

The CX50 is going back. T50 or T60 to be ordered, just need to decide which.

The CX50 didn't come with internal baskets, and they did not do an insulated cover for the unit. It will be picked up tomorrow, and once the refund is made, I will order a replacement.

The CX50 didn't come with internal baskets, and they did not do an insulated cover for the unit. It will be picked up tomorrow, and once the refund is made, I will order a replacement.
FYI - The fan noise of the T50 is a little louder than i would have expected but as it will be kept outside it doesn't bother me so much.

Cover for fridge arrived today!

So the enginstar battery pack ran the cooler on AC (via the inbuilt invertor) for around 17 hours. So during summer with the 100w solar panel (fridge only takes a max of 45 watts or so when active - with any surplus solar going into the battery pack) I should be able to have cold beer all the time!!!! :)

AB95FB2F-6D1C-4708-8047-ADB0D4F171E9.jpeg

FYI - The fan noise of the T50 is a little louder than i would have expected but as it will be kept outside it doesn't bother me so much.
Mains performance: Had the fridge running of the mains for a while now. Fully loaded with a couple of opens a day it seems to use around 0.24kwh per day. Starting up from scratch and loading it for a dinner party with frequent opening pushed it up to 2kwh for that day.

Back