Forum Assistance Delivery Service

Yep I lived in London for 30 years :oops:

I will be coming back from London on the 2nd of August. Are you ok to wait for the alloy wheel. We can meet up on the A1

Dont suppose anyone is goingfrom Caldicot to London anytime soon?
Seen some wheels on ebay but theyre too far away

I am travelling from Andover to Cannock and back on 26th Oct 2020 (going to see Steve at CRS Performance)

Just wondering if any forum members are wagon/ van drivers who travel to Carlisle regularly from the midlands or Worcestershire, seen some wheels I would like to buy but would rather trust a fellow VW member with them than a random courier, as we are all aware of how some couriers operate.

If you don't have any joy on here try Paisley Freight, I've used them several times and they are spot on
They also have a set price for alloys

I’m looking for some help getting a set of spacers from North Yorkshire to Herts due to the weight I think I courier would make them uneconomical.

We have vans from Notts to Herts weekly.
If someone can assist down as far south as Notts i can help. :thumbsup:

Hi, is anyone coming down from Glasgow to the South West of England (Bath area)? There is a member selling 4 wheels and tyres I want, but obvs not allowed to go and get them!

Thanks
BigDean

Hi, is anyone coming down from Glasgow to the South West of England (Bath area)? There is a member selling 4 wheels and tyres I want, but obvs not allowed to go and get them!

Thanks
BigDean
Or Glasgow to Yorkshire would work.
Thanks

I need Glasgow to Yorkshire (or the South West), so there is a return trip in there somewhere if someone is doing the journey up to Scotland anyway.
Likewise it is 4x alloys and tyres. :) and if someone is a courier of sorts would be a good one.

I'm not sure if you guys are aware, but I had a set of alloys collected from my house in Leicestershire yesterday, and sent down to Brighton. This cost around £30 as they didn't have tyres fitted, but with tyres is around £50.
Apparently this is a really simple process through Paisley freight, who use APC. The buyer arranged this themselves, and I got sent the barcodes to just print off and stick to the boxes. The van pulled on my drive yesterday, grabbed the boxes and left. No problems and much cheaper than driving across the country to pick up, or deliver wheels myself, not to mention the fact we are all meant to be on house arrest anyway.

The only bit that can be a pain, is you really need to have wheels in boxes and finding wheel boxes isn't as easy as it sounds. Luckily my good chums at Transporter HQ have plenty of empty wheel boxes when I need them. Another reason why it's worth keeping wheel boxes if you ever have any. The boxes are easy to disassemble and store flat.

I'm not sure if you guys are aware, but I had a set of alloys collected from my house in Leicestershire yesterday, and sent down to Brighton. This cost around £30 as they didn't have tyres fitted, but with tyres is around £50.
Apparently this is a really simple process through Paisley freight, who use APC. The buyer arranged this themselves, and I got sent the barcodes to just print off and stick to the boxes. The van pulled on my drive yesterday, grabbed the boxes and left. No problems and much cheaper than driving across the country to pick up, or deliver wheels myself, not to mention the fact we are all meant to be on house arrest anyway.

The only bit that can be a pain, is you really need to have wheels in boxes and finding wheel boxes isn't as easy as it sounds. Luckily my good chums at Transporter HQ have plenty of empty wheel boxes when I need them. Another reason why it's worth keeping wheel boxes if you ever have any. The boxes are easy to disassemble and store flat.
An alternative to big boxes could be how mine were delivered: large cardboard discs protecting the front and rear of the wheel (they had tyres on) and then copious wraps of that packing “cling film”.

^^^
Thanks @Tourershine I have used Paisley Freight many moons ago. I contacted them and they said I needed a box. I couldn't get a box to take the weight as they're with tyres. Contacted PF and they wont take them without boxes at all and will send them back as they won't go on the conveyorbelt.

Even though they will be bubble wrapped first, have 3000 micron board top and bottom (stronger than cardboard) and then black plastic pallet wrap all around ( I have sent this to the seller ).

I contacted APC who they use and they say they will take it but things can get lost so doesn't fill me with confidence.

Next I looked at pallets but again apparently pallets go missing.

So next looked at individual courier who collects from seller and brings direct to me.

If only I could just drive to collect which I would usually do even though its 5hr drive.

*sigh*

Just subscribing to this thread to see if i can lend a hand. Oxford area, travel varies depending on work.

Back