Fog-lights on Ali Express

I've purchased a few mods and fixings from AE. To be honest it's evident some of the main UK sellers source the same kit to sell.

I have bought quite a few things for the house (led ceiling lights for instance) and the cars I own and have never been disappointed. Prices are good, delivery takes a while though. Some items take as long as 6 weeks or so, other are within two weeks on your doorstep.
I bought my fog lights from a car breaker , but someone I know bought them at AliExpress. They look identical! The led bulb it came with was too weak to be of any use, so he replaced these with halogen bulbs (the same osram nightbreakers I use in my lamps and I can assure that it is definitely more than esthetic.....they are absolutely useful.

Out of interest, how have you people who have bought from AliExpress paid? I’ve been both buyer and seller on eBay/PayPal since the early days but have always shied away from AE. Paying some potentially dodgy Chinese outfit through PayPal is one thing but I’ve got a (perhaps irrational!) fear of using credit cards for same. There’s also the point that I can hide PayPal stuff from Mrs AJ (or tell it was half as much) but we only have joint credit cards.

Never had an issue using or paying on Aliexpress. I generally use it for cheapish items though. Most expensive item I've bought was about the £60 mark. I've found delivery times can vary from 2 to 5 weeks. There seems to be an increase in the number of items sold that are despatched from european depots. France and Spain seem common. Probably explain why delivery times are coming down.

I have bought many items from AE in regards to my cycling / triathlon hobby. I tend to find it is a similar if not the same product without having to pay 21% and marketing fees.
You'll find the UK suppliers source thier product materials or are manufactured in China.
90 odd percent of carbon comes from China and major tech and engineering company's are based and developed there. The only adage to that is copyright laws aren't as stringent in China so you will find AE swamped with copies.

Well the fog lights turned up - slight hick-up as it apeared on listing i was buying the set but only one light turned up........ so i had to re order other side and loom but all up cost about 60 quid, havent fitted them yet but cant see any issues with them :)

I'm guessing that you mean the little metal bracket that allows the tailgate to lock whilst leaving a small gap for ventilation. I've not looked at them on AE but if they're anything like the one that I've got, I suspect they would probably cost more to post from China than to actually manufacture!

Back