Fitting VW Heated Pads To Seat

So the BCM powers the rear window element direct? The wires are so small I assumed that all the BCM did was send instructions to activate various relays?

Use 2.5mm white cable.

BCM Pin T73b/63 to T16m/16 (17pin plug on A-pillar)
T16m/16 to T17o/17 (17pin plug for the tailgate)

heated screen.jpg

I believe the double seat has individual pads so you may be able to reuse 2 of the four existing pads in a single if they are the correct shape/size
Think it would be a trial and error process though to see if they fit unless anyone else has already tried

I would be interested in any left over pads if you do end up removing them
Well @Pauly and @Ads_Essex i started removing the front double seat and accessed the heated seat pad.
Unfortunately it’s just the one pad across the bottom. Was hoping for four pads, two top, two bottom.
Will have to buy aftermarket heated seat pads to fit in my new single!:mad:

94C10CDE-D16F-4EF3-AF37-8BDC09934FE7.jpeg

A20E8C9E-8F24-4360-823A-CC2282A0A3B5.jpeg

I believe the double seat has individual pads so you may be able to reuse 2 of the four existing pads in a single if they are the correct shape/size
Think it would be a trial and error process though to see if they fit unless anyone else has already tried

I would be interested in any left over pads if you do end up removing them
Well @Pauly and @Ads_Essex i started removing the front double seat and accessed the heated seat pad.
Unfortunately it’s just the one pad across the bottom. Was hoping for four pads, two top, two bottom.

I'd lover heated seats, what is fully needed to do this?

I'm aware the switch panel needs to be changed but how hard is it and much to use factory looms, heating elements etc?

I have been looking into this, now winters here.

This seems a good product, had some great reviews on a LandRover forum and the switch control looks good too.

DA5717 | Retrofit Insert Seat Heaters | Britpart

Spotted a kit on Ebay that looks reasonable, may pull the trigger.

Land Rover Heated Seat Kit Retrofit Inserts for 2 Seats DA5717 Britpart | eBay

Cheers

SB
They could be ok as a separate option, not sure how they would interact with the vw 3 stage heated seat button?

Yep, I don't have anything fitted from factory, so there ideal for me.
Like you say though, I don't think they would interact if you already have heated seats as standard.

That’s a shame.

My upholsterer told me that the section in the base of my drivers’ seat looked burnt out so I’m in the market for a replacement - if you find a set (for two singles) at a reasonable price then I’ll go halves with you, if that suits.

That’s a shame.

My upholsterer told me that the section in the base of my drivers’ seat looked burnt out so I’m in the market for a replacement - if you find a set (for two singles) at a reasonable price then I’ll go halves with you, if that suits.
I spoke to the guys over at Hazzydayz who do heated seats with original parts and they said best thing to do if (in my case) is to speak to vw and they should supply new mats.
So I’ll be giving them a call tomorrow to see :thumbsup:

There are loads mate can’t quite figure out which is which I will post a pic later with some part numbers for you to have a look at

Here you go
Assuming you need parts 1 & 10 there are a lot of options !?!?

Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG
Capture4.PNG

40 is a glorified relay and 41 I think is just a mounting for it ?
Never seen VW pads but looking at the pic I’m guessing 50 is the part that connects to the element and is the cable that exits the seat to connect power underneath ?
If that’s right I’m assuming you will have seen it as part of the pad in your existing seat ?

Back