Swapping a heated double passenger seat for a heated single passenger seat

Rhodders

Hello, just joined the forum since purchasing a 2016 T6.
I plan to swap the heated double passenger seat for a heated single captain seat which I have sourced in matching fabric.
The single seat is fitted with a single 3 core black plug, but the double seat is fitted with a matching 3 core black plug, plus a smaller 2 core black plug- both have the same colour wires ( brown, brown + blue, and assume the thinner white wire on the larger plug is a temperature sensor).
Both plugs appear from the seat base so my question is does the double seat have 2 plugs because of the larger area seat to heat?20211007_161739.jpg
20211007_161929.jpg
Secondly, there are 2 cables originating from the double seat back. One has a yellow plug and previous forum questions state this is for the airbag. 20211007_161856.jpg
The other has a 2 core white plug with the same colour wires as on the other black plugs and they all terminate together in the jnc board to meet the incoming cable to provide the heating power.20211007_161821.jpg
Is this cable the supply for the heated seat back (the single seat has the same white plug further along from the connecting black plug, which splits off to take the power up the seat back so I assume it's simply a different way of wiring up heat for the seat back )?
When I swap the seats, since the single only has one black plug do I just connect this to the same plug that the double seat used and just leave the others redundant? (Single seat has no airbag).
Any advice is appreciated.

The wiring diagram shows only one set of wiring for heated seats regardless of single or double; a 10-pin black connection of the loom supplying to the seat area, a black 4-pin connector to the seat base pad, and a 2-pin white from the seat backrest inside the seat. So you should just connect they 4-pin black in the same way.

Post a pic of the underside of the single seat for completeness

come join the VIP,

and get access to all the wire diagrams.

The wiring diagram shows only one set of wiring for heated seats regardless of single or double; a 10-pin black connection of the loom supplying to the seat area, a black 4-pin connector to the seat base pad, and a 2-pin white from the seat backrest inside the seat. So you should just connect they 4-pin black in the same way.

Post a pic of the underside of the single seat for completeness
Underside of single seat shown with 3 core black plug ( brown, brown + blue, thin white/black ) going to seat base, which then splits off to connect the 2 core white plug that feeds up the back of the seat. 20211008_120855.jpgBoth larger black plugs on either double or single seat are 3 pin. But at the wiring loom there are indeed 10 pins: 3 core incoming supply (green, brown, white) next to the 2 core seat back white plug, 20211008_130105.jpgthen on the other side are the 2 black plugs ( 2 and 3 core) that feed the seat base.20211008_130201.jpg

Thanks for the links to the heated seats wiring diagram & VIP.
Bit concerned I have to unplug all the block connections and relays and transfer them into the new seat base connection board, or should I just unscrew the board and attach to the new seat base? 20211008_131741.jpg20211008_125924.jpg

It was quite straightforward really. Rather than swap over all the plugs and relays etc into the new seat base I just unscrewed the 2 boards from the old seat base and fixed them to the new seat base, they were a direct swap, fitted perfectly.20211010_123935.jpg
For the redundant air bag plug I used the resistor cheat ( think it was a 3.6 ohm resistor) advised on an air bag light thread, then used Carista to rectify the air bag light on the dash.

Back