Fitting heated elements in non heated seat

gavinda12

T6 Pro
Hi, my van has oem heated seats. Currently has a double passenger bench. If I switch to a single passenger seat, is it possible to source/fit the genuine elements and plug etc to make the heated seat work if I locate a single that's not currently heated ? Any help and advice appreciated and approx costs etc

Yes it can be converted
Genuine pads are rather expensive, will cost you over 200 for new genuine bits

I bought some OEM and off German eBay. Worth having a look. You will find it very hard to find a heated single captains seat.
5985131D-5D66-451F-B6DA-11E15A2AF23F.png

Nothing to stop you connecting after market seat pads into the system I’ve done it for people that have had elements fail, also fit one particular after market kit non heated seats that work great

Did you have any luck with this? I've wanting to do the same thing and a non heated seat has come up local to me.

Also is a foldable double heated seat worth anything?

Did you have any luck with this? I've wanting to do the same thing and a non heated seat has come up local to me.

Also is a foldable double heated seat worth anything?
I have a failed heatpad in my double seat so would be interested in your heated double if you do sell. Let me know.

Thanks for the tag @Ads_Essex :thumbsup:

Watching this thread as I have a heated passenger seat coming in. Wondering what the value of them is in the UK?

Double folding is worth £250 + delivery in dark T6 trim. Single without armrests is worth about £200 in dark T6 trim, but heated could add some to the right buyer. Not enough data around to assess heated seats value.

Nothing to stop you connecting after market seat pads into the system I’ve done it for people that have had elements fail, also fit one particular after market kit non heated seats that work great
Can you point me in the right direction of a good quality aftermarket heating element? The van has the wiring there already.

I have tight fitting vw seat covers on my work van will it be ok to put the pads on top of the existing seat and the cover on top just to save stripping the seats ?.

8E2BCA4E-F349-4C2D-8D45-1319430BCD27.jpeg

B6815269-CC6F-4E93-B7D0-5712D9132921.jpeg

I decided a couple of weeks ago to strip the seats and fit them properly it only took a couple of hours .

Back