Fitting VW Heated Pads To Seat

LambethBoy

204 DSG 4Motion
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Afternoon guys, I should be getting my hands on a single passenger seat soon but unfortunately it doesn’t have the heated fitment inside it. While my current double seats are heated. Is there any way to attach the mat from the double seat to The singleseat? Yes I know it’s probably bigger but I was wondering if there was a way to do this (is it on one piece or two?) or would it be easier to buy a separate single heated pad?
Thanks again.

I believe the double seat has individual pads so you may be able to reuse 2 of the four existing pads in a single if they are the correct shape/size
Think it would be a trial and error process though to see if they fit unless anyone else has already tried

I would be interested in any left over pads if you do end up removing them

I believe the double seat has individual pads so you may be able to reuse 2 of the four existing pads in a single if they are the correct shape/size
Think it would be a trial and error process though to see if they fit unless anyone else has already tried

I would be interested in any left over pads if you do end up removing them
Will let you know Pauly, will tag you in a thread when I come to pulling them apart.:thumbsup:

Just checked on etka and on the double seat it shows four pads

Just checked on etka and on the double seat it shows four pads
@Pauly I don’t suppose you remember what else EKTA showed in the way of heated-seat components? I ask as these Cali seats are heated and I’ve picked up a climate-control unit with heated seat buttons fitted, so am a bit closer to getting them connected

What do you need to know, I have wiring diagrams etc if you have the seats and buttons then think you will just need the control relay and wiring

that’s exactly what I needed to know mate - so a control relay and wiring.

I read another post recently where someone else mentioned retrofitting heated seats, so that may be another ‘how to’ on the horizon.

I’ll find that thread and see how they’re getting on.

that’s exactly what I needed to know mate - so a control relay and wiring.

I read another post recently where someone else mentioned retrofitting heated seats, so that may be another ‘how to’ on the horizon.

I’ll find that thread and see how they’re getting on.
I'll put up a "how to" once I pick up my single seat.
Of course it will be based on reusing Vw parts on a existing set up.

Found this VAG part for £25... hoping it’ll work.

View attachment 31825
oooh you Jammie bugger!! I've been looking for one of those just so I have the rear heated screen switch... my next job... put glass in rear but heated;)
Have been waiting.. a bit too long for this single seat to turn up. Was going to remove the heated pads from the double seat last week (weathers been pants and flat out at work!) as I've kinda worked out the setup on those, 4 pads across the double seats, two bottom, two top, its just a bit of wiring to rearrange and will be sending the leftover pads to @Pauly.
If you're old unit has the heated switch I'd be interested in it (the switch)? Where did you get it from?
Actually... do you know the part number for the rear heated screen switch?

oooh you Jammie bugger!! I’ve been looking for one of those just so I have the rear heated screen switch... my next job... put glass in rear but heated;)
Have been waiting.. a bit too long for this single seat to turn up. Was going to remove the heated pads from the double seat last week (weathers been pants and flat out at work!) as I've kinda worked out the setup on those, 4 pads across the double seats, two bottom, two top, its just a bit of wiring to rearrange and will be sending the leftover pads to Pauly.
If your old unit has the heated switch I'd be interested in it (the switch)? Where did you get it from?

I chucked an offer in on an eBay ad and the seller was obviously having a good month, so if it works, bonus.

My current unit doesn’t have heated seats nor the heated rear screen, so will be no good to you I’m afraid.

Is your unit one with the heated seat buttons but no heated rear screen button? As I have done the tailgate conversions (from solid barnies) so don’t have any wiring for heated rear glass. Is that all a heated rear screen takes - just the climate control unit, the wiring and the heated glass, then?

I chucked an offer in on an eBay ad and the seller was obviously having a good month, so if it works, bonus.

My current unit doesn’t have heated seats nor the heated rear screen, so will be no good to you I’m afraid.

Is your unit one with the heated seat buttons but no heated rear screen button? As I have done the tailgate conversions (from solid barnies) so don’t have any wiring for heated rear glass. Is that all a heated rear screen takes - just the climate control unit, the wiring and the heated glass, then?
I think it needs coding, sure I remember an option in VCDS. I need to look at mine sometime, it’s stopped working and pressing the button lights it up for about 2 secs and then it goes off. I think it just sends a signal to the BCM

I think it needs coding, sure I remember an option in VCDS. I need to look at mine sometime, it’s stopped working and pressing the button lights it up for about 2 secs and then it goes off. I think it just sends a signal to the BCM
Coding - of course, I should have thought of that. Cheers mate, makes sense.

What do you think has made yours stop working?

I’m sure it’s self-inflicted, my wiring isn’t exactly stock :whistle:
Hard to pin it down as there was a long period over the summer that I didn’t try it, so i may have knocked some connection inside the mirrors which has annoyed it, or it may have been when I fitted the rear camera for the 360 system. My mirrors are in bits on the workbench waiting to be painted/carboned so I’ll check that when I put them back. If not, it’s out with wiring diagram again and fault-finding.

Yep that unit, heated seats no rear heated screen.
And to be honest im not sure about wiring and I've had a few tell me not to bother but id like a rear heated screen :thumbsup:

Do you think any coding would be needed if I separate the double heated seat pads down to a single ?

Do you think any coding would be needed if I separate the double heated seat pads down to a single ?

I’d hazard a guess at a no, as I imagine it’d just send the same current through the heat-pad, regardless of it being a single size or double. @Pauly will probably know

I would agree can’t see the coding would make a difference but possibly has a different feed/relay but you don’t have factory wiring so not relevant to you
If the wiring is not in the VIP downloads we can get it up in there for you to look at

I've not got heated seats, but I have swapped my heater controls for one from an old golf so I now have a heated rear window switch. Only 1 wire from the BCM to the rear screen and coding needed.

Back