Fitting Eberspacher D2 - My Experience

Cheers for that, its a useful image. The problem is the picture doesn't show the massive adblue tank and electrics that takes up all the space in between the diesel tank and the webasto (space I need for my ridiculously ridiculously long filter and pump (honestly its over 30cm in length)). I've done a bit of a test fit and I think I can squeeze it in near the heater itself (don't worry still slanting upwards as per the manual). I think in order to access the fuel supply for the Webasto and Tee off it I'll need to drop the fuel tank anyway. To be honest my main concern is the offside of the van and trying to find a clear run for the exhaust and the hot air outlet duct into rear of the van (between the back of the drivers seat and where the furniture units will be). The rear air con has three feed\return pipes that get in the way of everything :mad:. Get a shuttle I told myself 3 months ago....it will be great fun....to be honest they are hard work and I understand why people steer away from them. I'll keep persisting and I'm sure I'll find a way.

Here's the whole setup, all came with the MV Airo kit. Looks very similar to what kiravans sell but I picked it up from a local converter and he hasn't revealed his sources.

IMG_20210323_091719.jpg

Funnily enough I'd come to that conclusion last night to help with space. Only gives me about 7cms back but every little helps right.... If I T off the webasto feed could I have one filter before the T thats filtering both the webasto and the Airo? Or is it better off the keep them on separate lines? To be honest I'm not sure I've even seen a filter for the webasto (only seen the pump).

No reason why you cannot use just the one filter before both pumps. Why not just mount the pump on the heater mount - plenty of length there?
I got my converter to drop the tank to fit the fuel line to the tank for me but for some reason he fitted the pump in completely the wrong place next to the tank so I had to extend the fuel line and place the pump by the heater to get a rise on the fuel line after the pump.

Yep really like that idea. The filter on the near side in accessible position taking up no space on its own. Then the T, then the pump and damper like the attached picture riv nutted or bolted throught the bracket Just in the corner far enough away from the heater exhaust. Like you said plenty of space for that in the underside tray and then the pump is nice and accessible for ongoing maintenance. Just the heating outlet to finalise now, and to be honest I'm thinking of moving the leisure battery on its side under the driver's seat as it's an easier run (avoiding the coolant pipes and vehicle exhaust) for the ducting to come out there. Really appreciate your help here @oldiebut goodie

IMG_20210323_120938.jpg

why di you take the air inlet from the foot well? couldnt it just draw air in direct from under the van?

It could if you wish to attempt to continually heat the outside air up to 20 degrees from -15 in winter. Crazy idea. Recirculation is the best way.

What @oldiebut goodie said. Depends on your usage really. If you want the heater for when it's cold outside and inside then you need to take it from the footwell (or somewhere else internal). If you only want to take the edge of spring/summer evenings when it's not to cold outside then you could probably get away with taking fresh air from outside.

Hi Jack, many thanks for posting this guide, it's been very handy in my own install planning. Can I ask you, the fuel pump installation appears to be flat as it's installed on the bottom of the chassis, whereas Eberspacher recommend an angle of 15-35 degrees ideally. Have you had any problems with it not being angled? Or if you did manage to get an angle, could I ask how please

Many thanks!
Ian

It is at an angle as per instructions it’s just the picture doesn’t show it very well. You know what it’s like trying to take a picture under a van! ;)

Many thanks, I tried mine on that M8 boss in the chassis rail but couldn't work out how to point it at an angle with the rubber "bracket" because the bottom of the chassis rail is obviously flat. Head hurts, I'll have another look in the morning.

Last edited:
Hi, Would love to know if the T-piece on the return works also. Just about to drop the tank and start the fitting of my Webasto air top 2000 stc. It certainly would make life a bit easier if the T-piece worked ?
Hi, did anyone get to the bottom of this in the end? I'm at the stage of making the fuel connection on my 2019 T6 Shuttle and deciding to use which of:-
1) Cut and tee into the aux. (water) heater fuel supply pipe at the U-bent extending back from the top rear of the tank; or
2) Cut into the same supply line, but close to that heater's pump (reluctant as it's soooo cramped there with all the adblue gubbins; or
3) Use the quick-connector that Djhawes posted at https://www.t6forum.com/threads/fitting-eberspacher-d2-my-experience.8160/post-332839 which piggy-backs on the blue return line ... if so where can this be sourced, without waiting for the 'slow boat from China'?

All you need do is take the fuel connection off the current pump, connect that to one side of the tee and connect the other side of the tee back to the current pump. No need to complicate matters by cutting fuel lines.

All you need do is take the fuel connection off the current pump, connect that to one side of the tee and connect the other side of the tee back to the current pump. No need to complicate matters by cutting fuel lines.
Yes, I like the sound of that! The less cutting the better! Thx oldiebutgoodie for your help.:)

Could do with some quick advice, going away Friday and Eberspacher is playing up, looks like no fuel to heater, pump is ticking but no fuel coming from outlet, don't fancy dropping tank if I can avoid it, likely issue? Pump knackered? Air in line from tank or blockage? Problem with standpipe?

It didn't work 2 weeks ago when we where away but burst into life on the second night, back to not firing up now

appreciate any help

Not yet, I read they need replacing rather than cleaning so I thought I'd hang fire as I'm not sure if I can get one at short notice

Back