Fitting Eberspacher D2 - My Experience

Hoping someone can offer advice. I'm fitting my webasto stc 2000 currently and I'm looking to connect the wiring. Is it acceptable to disconnect the built in fuse box and connect the positives for the controller and heater to the fuse box I already have under the seat? Or will this mean I suffer from voltage drop? Just means I can tidy up the wiring with a shorter run.

Does anyone know how to do a hard reset on the Eberspatcher Easy Start Pro control panel or is there a tool?
Not sure I know what I’ve done but I am getting the below read outs!

9230D3FF-F0EE-42E2-8E57-6EB2ADEFCFD9.jpeg

Last edited:
went to my installer who stated:-Go to the cog and click on it. Hold the back button for a few seconds and it takes you into the workshop menu. Then clear the faults in the heater and then the controller. Also do The factory reset. Bingo!

Last edited:
Hi All,

Fitted a Chinese 'Ambienceo' heater, from Amazon, about 6/8 weeks ago to my 2015 T6. I didn't want to drop the fuel tank, so used the 'T in' method on the return fuel line in front of the tank.

Very impressed with the heater. Produces more than enough heat, and maintains it when 'ticking over' very nicely.

Make sure you 'suspend' the pump, or sound insulate it, as the clicking can be annoying.

The heater has run fine in all conditions, except when fuel was below 1/4. I then got err 08 (flame out), due to lack of fuel. So, just got to ensure fuel stays above 1/4, and all good - probably a good idea to stop debris being entrained anyway.

I have a 2017 Shuttle SE with the Heater Climate controls, for front and rear (roof) vents. The fan in the rear works fine when driving, heating the cabin. I was considering buying a Vevor diesel heater to put under the drivers seat for when I camp in my van but as there is a heater fan fitted in the Shuttle on the rear drivers quarter, can this be used to heat the van with the engine off? Hwo does it work, hot water taken rear or is it electric? or does it use diesel form the tank?

I've not gone through the whole 13 page thread, if it is possible is it detailed above?

Thanks, Dave C

Good eberspacher install thread. I’m doing this now and to add to this thread for anyone following in the future there is now a much simpler way to make your fuel tank connection if you have an Adblue van.
Cambee in Devon supplied me the fuel line tee piece photoed. Avoids lowering the tank and fitting that tube to the fuel tank unit.

View attachment 96629

View attachment 96631

View attachment 96632
Hi does this mean you need the engine running for the heater to work?

Could I ask if you know the part number of the cover?

Last edited by a moderator:
Removed the fuel tank on my 2015 T6 today. The return pipe has a plastic piece extending about 7cm down into the tank.

This reaches about 1/3 into the tank. BUT there is a problem - there is a non-return valve fitted into this system. It is part of the plastic moulding forming the top of the fuel sender unit.

A diesel heater cannot draw fuel from the tank if 'tee'd' into the return pipe. It must be using the contents of the pipework/fuel filter canister.

If you have dropped the tank and removed the sender unit why not plumb it the conventional way with the heater fuel pipe fitted on the sender unit reaching down to about 25mm above bottom of the tank.

If you have dropped the tank and removed the sender unit why not plumb it the conventional way with the heater fuel pipe fitted on the sender unit reaching down to about 25mm above bottom of the tank.
That's exactly what I intend to do.
My previous post was simply to highlight a problem that those who have 'T'd into the return pipe may encounter.
No-one appeared to know how far the return pipe went into the tank. My post showed this didn't matter, (in my case), as there is a non-return valve preventing fuel being drawn from the tank via the return pipe.
I have ordered a pick up tube, and will fit it when it arrives.

I dropped the tank, with a view to extending the return pipe further down into the tank, to solve my issues. I had seen images of the sender online, and had purchased/collected several different diameters fuel tubes, ready to extend it. It was a surprise to find the 'built in' non-return' valve, so I hadn't already got a pick up tube.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I intend to do.
My previous post was simply to highlight a problem that those who have 'T'd into the return pipe may encounter.
No-one appeared to know how far the return pipe went into the tank. My post showed this didn't matter, (in my case), as there is a non-return valve preventing fuel being drawn from the tank via the return pipe.
I have ordered a pick up tube, and will fit it when it arrives.

I dropped the tank, with a view to extending the return pipe further down into the tank, to solve my issues. I had seen images of the sender online, and had purchased/collected several different diameters fuel tubes, ready to extend it. It was a surprise to find the 'built in' non-return' valve, so I hadn't already got a pick up tube.

I have just laid my hands on a T5 fuel pump - yes the return on that also has a non-return valve built in to it. ( using mouth suction for the test) So this method of utilizing the return line is a no go. I wonder why they have seen the need for a non-return valve here.
Anyone care to hazard a guess as to why?

I may do a test with a Webasto pump and the T5 tank one to see if the fuel can circumvent the valve at the very slow drain rate of the Webasto pump.

I have just laid my hands on a T5 fuel pump - yes the return on that also has a non-return valve built in to it. ( using mouth suction for the test) So this method of utilizing the return line is a no go. I wonder why they have seen the need for a non-return valve here.
Anyone care to hazard a guess as to why?

I may do a test with a Webasto pump and the T5 tank one to see if the fuel can circumvent the valve at the very slow drain rate of the Webasto pump.
That's exactly my thoughts.
The intermittent/random nature of my heater running dry on fuel, would suggest that the non-return valve allows fuel draw sometimes, but not others. This could be down to the relative low demand.

That's exactly my thoughts.
The intermittent/random nature of my heater running dry on fuel, would suggest that the non-return valve allows fuel draw sometimes, but not others. This could be down to the relative low demand.
Pick up tube now fitted - heater working fine on all fuel levels.

Fitting the pick up tube, and connecting pipework to existing feed to heater took a total of an hour and a half - and that was working on my drive with a jack and two axle stands.
Not as complicated a job as I was expecting!

Old thread, but relevant for me now.
In the picture below, I think I know what the 2 black bits are, but for the fuse holder I believe the nearest thin and thicker red wires are from the Eber loom. where would the red wires that go into the black heat shrink? Part of the vehicle loom? Where would this be?

Mine looks like this. If the heater is installed under the floor, how do I get the big black thing (pic below) into the van?
Screenshot 2023-08-12 at 14.49.49.png/

Maybe it’s marked as B then, adjacent to the fuse holder. This in the pic. Mmmmm... make note, I need to clean the floor.

View attachment 71768
Just checking the pic below os for the fuel pump and I can put the connections either way into the plastic plug? Sorry if correct names not used.

Screenshot 2023-08-12 at 14.50.16.png

Hi there, which side passenger or drivers side did you fit the pump. I am at this stage and assume you are looking at drivers side

Passenger side, between the adblue tank and where the subframe tube is.

IMG_5037.jpeg

I used the threaded boss already in the chassis rail between the slot and the larger hole. This bolted the pump up nicely for me.

Thanks for that. All installed and wired up, and running.

Only problem it isn't heating. I think I didn't take enough off the fuel sender nipple.
So will have to drop the tank again and take a bit more off.

Good thread here though and thanks

Back