IMG_0379.JPG IMG_0380.JPG IMG_0396.JPG IMG_0399.JPG IMG_0486.JPG IMG_0487.JPG IMG_0488.JPG IMG_0490.JPG So I finally got round to finishing the floor after I had lined the van out, using the original caravelle floor that came with the rails I made cardboard templates both sides of the wheel arches then made thin ply templates and screwed to the top of the floor, took the floor back out then cut the four sections out made up some new pieces with 9mm ply fitted to the floor and put back in retrimmed with new carpet thanks to @slidepods for giving me suppliers details for this job done!

This is great work and exactly what I want done , who can do this for me and what would be the cost involved including the rear seat ?

We can do it. Anything from around £3500 upwards depending on spec including rear seat

Sounds great , new Komi should be with me soon , I will give a call in the week to discuss , who should I ask to speak to ? Thanks , Dan

Hi All,

I know this topic has been raised across several Transporter forums but I havent been able to find all the info I need I have a swb T6 kombi I am going to remove the rear bench seat and fit the caravelle rails i have a set of double rails the ones that allow you to have the table I understand what work is involved to fit them I work in the engineering profession so feel confident to do it and have done similar on different vehicles the information I am looking for is which and how many reinforcing brackets I need?

The rails I have have came with the proper bolts there are 5x in each of the outer rails and 7x in each inner rail I've seen a couple of types you can get online (I do intend to get genuine VW ones) has anyone got any photos of the underside of a T6 with the rails fitted or even illustrated parts catalogue?

I just want to make sure I have all the parts ready before I start rather than strip it all to bits and realise I dont!

Thanks
Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I'm planning to fit a 3 rail configuration for my Cali bed installation and your thread has been very informative. The only confusion I have is the amount and types of brackets used. Banwy have 2 types of reinforce brackets, the ones in your pics and longer ones. Do you have the details of the number and types you used please?

Here are the part numbers of the brackets carnt say how many of each used as colin from t5 oxford did my rail conversion.
Hope this helps

Screenshot_20171028-122339.png

Hi @Wills mine used 24x bolts in total 5x on each outer rails and 7x on each of the inner rails.

The link below are of the reinforcing brackets I used they are left & right handed I used 6x of each hand

#092 GENUINE VOLKSWAGEN T5 TRANSPORTER REAR SEAT REINFORCEMENTBRACKETS

And I used 2x of the larger brackets

Reinforcers Kombi Caravelle Seats

Thanks @Coradia63. Banwy appear to be cheaper than ebay for the smaller brackets. Where are the larger and smaller brackets required to be fitted please? You've used 24 bolts and 14 brackets?

I'm a little further away in Hawarden Andy, worth me paying a visit?
tps can supply all the parts and probably cheaper than banwy

TPS Chester 7.3 miles from your location

Unit 4, Jupiter Drive, Chester West Employment

Thanks @Coradia63. Banwy appear to be cheaper than ebay for the smaller brackets. Where are the larger and smaller brackets required to be fitted please? You've used 24 bolts and 14 brackets?

The 2 outer rails used 5x each of the smaller type brackets, the brackets are handed so 5x RH and 5x LH the 2x larger brackets were use on the 2 inner rails at the front they are different due to the type of cross member they bolt on to, I used two smaller brackets at the very rear of the inner rails 1x LH 1x RH the 5x remaining bolts on each of the inner rails do not require reinforcing brackets as the cross members on the T6 are already strengthened in those positions hope that makes sense?

The brackets listed by @andythom188 are the ones I used except the 7H0802369 Im guessing these maybe used in some places I have used the small RH & LH brackets that dont require the bracket to be shaped to sit over the seams?

tps can supply all the parts and probably cheaper than banwy

TPS Chester 7.3 miles from your location

Unit 4, Jupiter Drive, Chester West Employment

Thanks Andy, I always forget TPS exist!! I'll check them out 1st..

Thanks @Coradia63, it all makes sense now. I understanding fitting the rails is not too difficult? Is there a natural position they "slot" into on the floor before drilling?

63161C78-2EAA-4298-9270-6C22E06413C9.jpeg Hi @Wills The rails dont slot in as such they do fit in between the ribs in the floor you have to make sure you line them up in the correct position which isn’t difficult especially if you ready have existing seats like I did I managed to reuse some of the existing holes

Back