First trip in the T6

I know, I miss the ease of use, it gave us in our bay although to be honest it's just uncomfortable bending down the double seat issue is the biggest thing, it's driving me mad now, every time I want to do anything up front it's get out through the awning and in through the drivers door.

Went to St Ives today to see a relative, dear God what a place, I feel sorry for the local community, must have been a beautiful place in years gone by before every house was renamed with something ending in "...letting.com"

I know, I miss the ease of use, it gave us in our bay although to be honest it's just uncomfortable bending down the double seat issue is the biggest thing, it's driving me mad now, every time I want to do anything up front it's get out through the awning and in through the drivers door.

Went to St Ives today to see a relative, dear God what a place, I feel sorry for the local community, must have been a beautiful place in years gone by before every house was renamed with something ending in "...letting.com"
Vile developers and investors do love to ruin a nice spot.
I have nothing but contempt for them all.

Vile developers and investors do love to ruin a nice spot.
I have nothing but contempt for them all.
Feel the same, it's happened to my village too, to the extent that we want to leave. Any bit of space and someone will build in it, any house that comes up on the market gets snapped up as a holiday home. The place is a nightmare in the summer and then when it comes to winter there isn't a shop open for the locals. Everyone I grew up with had had to leave as there isn't any work here anymore and even if there was they couldn't afford anywhere to live , the amount of people I know now is pity full

It is annoying if you live there, large parts of Cornwall getting destroyed by second homes
It's amazing when you visit somewhere you haven't been in a few years and see the drastic change

Feel the same, it's happened to my village too, to the extent that we want to leave. Any bit of space and someone will build in it, any house that comes up on the market gets snapped up as a holiday home. The place is a nightmare in the summer and then when it comes to winter there isn't a shop open for the locals. Everyone I grew up with had had to leave as there isn't any work here anymore and even if there was they couldn't afford anywhere to live , the amount of people I know now is pity full
Couldn't agree more. Sounds very similar to our area.
Communities wrecked so a few sell out builders and moral-free estate agents can make a fast buck. All backed by incredibly short sighted council planners.

Couldn't agree more. Sounds very similar to our area.
Communities wrecked so a few sell out builders and moral-free estate agents can make a fast buck. All backed by incredibly short sighted council planners.
We're not quite as bad as Cornwall but we're heading there, just need a couple more "surf clothing" shops and it will snowball rapidly from there

Yup, AC off, and mostly a steady 40-50mph in traffic ... and managed .... duh duh duuuuuuh ..... 44mpg (fill up says 39mpg)
Most I've seen the MFD so far is 47mpg.
Have noticed on the few occasions I get close to motorway speed, the mpg starts dipping towards 40.

Im pretty sure the AC makes hardly any difference to mpg these days.

The van averaged 49.9 mpg on the way down, not bad I think, it was up to 54.5 until we turned off the M5

So, over the weekend just did M5 between Taunton (j25) and the M6 junction at the top. Steady 70mph on cruise control, traffic reasonably quiet, no holdups or jams, not carrying much in the way of load.
Managed an ok 41mpg northbound, and a disappointing 37mph soundbound - no idea why i got different results - especially as the southbound was done carrying even less fuel/load

Can only imagine 50mpg is done when crawling in the slow lane at 40mph or with a strong following wind?!?

So, over the weekend just did M5 between Taunton (j25) and the M6 junction at the top. Steady 70mph on cruise control, traffic reasonably quiet, no holdups or jams, not carrying much in the way of load.
Managed an ok 41mpg northbound, and a disappointing 37mph soundbound - no idea why i got different results - especially as the southbound was done carrying even less fuel/load

Can only imagine 50mpg is done when crawling in the slow lane at 40mph or with a strong following wind?!?
No, as I said above 60 -65mph fully loaded. At home when I do 70on the A55 my average is about 38 - 41mpg with an empty van

warkworth beach.jpg
Warkworth Beach in Northumberland.
People still buy up property here too but luckily there's not the crowd pressure up here.
Found great walk today - park just above the golf course and walk over dunes to beach.
Head south towards Amble Harbour in distance.
Return the inland side of dunes along gravel track.
Warkworth good for pubs and cafes to rehydrate!

View attachment 11372
Warkworth Beach in Northumberland.
People still buy up property here too but luckily there's not the crowd pressure up here.
Found great walk today - park just above the golf course and walk over dunes to beach.
Head south towards Amble Harbour in distance.
Return the inland side of dunes along gravel track.
Warkworth good for pubs and cafes to rehydrate!
Shhhhh - you were meant to be keeping it a secret!!! lol

Surely its the locals selling the properties that causes the problem #justsayin

Whatever it is it's wrong.
I will never "invest" in property despite having the means to do so. It's a vile, corruption filled market that has become an accepted way of making money; it's not.
Every investment in a house is further excaberbating our societies biggest breakdown in many decades.
If you have a shred of moral fibre, buy a house as a home; never as a bloody investment.

I suppose its different strokes for different folks. I have a villa that I rent out and my kid calls home, and on top of it all its going up in value, nothing morally wrong with that in my eyes but one day when I sell it, it will have provided many happy memories and will have been a sound investment.

Well you've bought it as a home so that's more acceptable. Buying just to invest is wrong.
Yet so many think it's okay.
Shows how broken our society has become.

While it might seem fair to blame the locals for selling property to incomers for use as holiday homes it is very difficult for them to turn down offers that are way above the asking price. I know now that that practice has been outlawed but it was the case not long ago, gazumping was rife and local buyers didn't stand a chance against the Wimslow set. That practice artificially shot house prices way above what locals could ever afford on the wages paid in my area.

The other issue I'm my area is that because these houses are only occupied for just a few weeks of the year (often just two) in the off season the population is so low that shops, pubs etc can't stay open which means less local employment and it's a snowball scenario. Now most of the local businesses are owned by non residents who employ from out of the local area and wouldn't dream of employing a Welsh person with their odd accent!

Nothing wrong with people wanting to make money and provide for their families though mate. Im all for saving our green spaces etc and all these lucrative deals with contractors dont sit well with me, however if Bob wants to invest his earnings in 3 buy to lets to supplement his meagre pension then I'm right behind Bob lol

While it might seem fair to blame the locals for selling property to incomers for use as holiday homes it is very difficult for them to turn down offers that are way above the asking price. I know now that that practice has been outlawed but it was the case not long ago, gazumping was rife and local buyers didn't stand a chance against the Wimslow set. That practice artificially shot house prices way above what locals could ever afford on the wages paid in my area.

The other issue I'm my area is that because these houses are only occupied for just a few weeks of the year (often just two) in the off season the population is so low that shops, pubs etc can't stay open which means less local employment and it's a snowball scenario. Now most of the local businesses are owned by non residents who employ from out of the local area and wouldn't dream of employing a Welsh person with their odd accent!

I love the welsh accent but on the flip side tourism is often the backbone of these areas so its a double edge sword.

The house price increase has driven me out of the neighbourhood I grew up in so its affecting everyone all over the country. Its circa £650k for a 5 bed house now and thats up North lol

Back