First trip in the T6

Colinlp

Cabinet-maker
T6 Guru
We're more two days into our first camping trip with the T6, so far so good. We traveled down from Anglesey on Monday and stopped off at Bodans in Shrewsbury on the way and after a chat booked the van in for an SCA 194 to be fitted next February (or before if the roof arrives earlier than they expect). From there we traveled down to near Bristol for an overnight stopover pic below, just after I took that pic my phone died so no more for now. Next morning we traveled down to Cornwall where we have set up with the awning, I then spent most of the afternoon getting a new phone and setting it up so more pics once this rain stops, yes it's peeing it down!!

The van averaged 49.9 mpg on the way down, not bad I think, it was up to 54.5 until we turned off the M5

IMG_2730.JPG

Amazing mpg! I can't get anywhere near that. Awning looks good, what one is that again?

54.5mpg??? o_O
I'd need to drive at about 60mph with the aircon turned off to get close to that figure...
Well done....

54.5mpg??? o_O
I'd need to drive at about 60mph with the aircon turned off to get close to that figure...
Well done....

Yup, AC off, and mostly a steady 40-50mph in traffic ... and managed .... duh duh duuuuuuh ..... 44mpg (fill up says 39mpg)
Most I've seen the MFD so far is 47mpg.
Have noticed on the few occasions I get close to motorway speed, the mpg starts dipping towards 40.

I'm getting 38 but I'm still loving (and using) my 204 engine. Can't beat the look on the reps car faces when my "van" just leaves them for dust.

Driving between 60 and 65 on ACC the air on was on. There was a lot of bendy roads through snowdonia in there too. We're very pleased with that considering the crap we brought with us this time. Bodes well for long distances next year in Europe.
@xpfloyd the canopy is just a cheapish one for a T2 we found on the internet it has. Few eyelets to give different options for pitching, cost was about £80ish and takes about three minutes to put up and only weighs a couple of kilograms at most

I get 34mpg average and was happy with that! I don't have aircon to switch off which was a schoolboy error on my part

Superb guys! I'm heading out for trip number two on Saturday but it's not as glamorous as that (a week In Northumberland)

My folks live in Northumberland so we go there often.
Lots to do inland and coast.
On coast..... Craster and the Jolly Fisherman pub, walk up to Dunstanburgh Castle and North of that is Embleton Bay. Superb! At north end of Embleton Bay is Low Newton and the Ship Inn. Fab food and micro brewery so even fabber beers!
Have fun:smile bounce:

On coast..... Craster and the Jolly Fisherman pub, walk up to Dunstanburgh Castle and North of that is Embleton Bay. Superb! At north end of Embleton Bay is Low Newton and the Ship Inn. Fab food and micro brewery so even fabber beers!
Thank you!

My sister moved up to Cheswick Sands a couple of years ago - fantastic beach location with Berwick to the north and Lindisfarne to the south - lovely . We are long overdue another trip up there.

If you prefer inland to the coast then Keilder Forest and water is awesome. Walking in Simonside and Cheviots Hills great. Cragside National Trust House is a full day out too. So much to do........:mexican wave:

the weather has picked up and we've had a couple of nice days walking and general being a tourist :rofl:

The van is behaving well, a couple of niggles, the need for a pop top but that's booked and a single passenger seat to make access to the front possible without getting soaked when it's peeing down!!
A picture from this morning

IMG_2758.JPG

Back