Campsite recommendations in Normandy and Brittany

NicolasH

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello everyone,

We are after your campsite recommendations in Normandy and Brittany for our French 2023 summer road trip, in late July and August.

We are looking for recommendations for an overnight stop in Normandy half way between Calais and the Quimper area of Brittany. We are going to take the tunnel to France.

We are staying a couple of nights in the excellent Chateau Gandspette (very near Calais) on the way down, and one night on the way back.

Also, do you have a favourite campsite in Brittany that would be suitable for a five night stay? It doesn’t have to be near Quimper, but we do want it nearby the coast if possible.

We have two children aged 10 and 7. We will be taking our bicycles too.

We’d love to hear your campsite recommendations, restaurants and places to visit. Over to you!

Thanks. Nick

Hello everyone,

We are after your campsite recommendations in Normandy and Brittany for our French 2023 summer road trip, in late July and August.

We are looking for recommendations for an overnight stop in Normandy half way between Calais and the Quimper area of Brittany. We are going to take the tunnel to France.

We are staying a couple of nights in the excellent Chateau Gandspette (very near Calais) on the way down, and one night on the way back.

Also, do you have a favourite campsite in Brittany that would be suitable for a five night stay? It doesn’t have to be near Quimper, but we do want it nearby the coast if possible.

We have two children aged 10 and 7. We will be taking our bicycles too.

We’d love to hear your campsite recommendations, restaurants and places to visit. Over to you!

Thanks. Nick
Can definitely recommend Camping Du Letty in Benodet, nr Quimper. We've been twice now - 2019 & 2022. Right on the coast with great facilities. We first saw on Cali Camper Family's channel
and A Bus and Beyond also went last year

Can definitely recommend Camping Du Letty in Benodet, nr Quimper. We've been twice now - 2019 & 2022. Right on the coast with great facilities. We first saw on Cali Camper Family's channel
and A Bus and Beyond also went last year
Thanks for the recommendation - we actually booked this very site last night after seeing it on Bus and Beyond.

I’ve just booked our French road trip and have booked some Huttopia sites. Haven’t used them before but they have good reviews and reasonable prices.

I’ve just booked our French road trip and have booked some Huttopia sites. Haven’t used them before but they have good reviews and reasonable prices.
Thanks Ian, I’ll check those out too.

It was a few years ago but I can highly recommend this pub if you are in Brittany.
Pub St Hubert
+33 2 98 19 08 67
The landlady ran everything by herself, great beers (strong), simple food and friendly locals. They even gave us a lift home when our legs weren’t working as good as when we arrived.

It was a few years ago but I can highly recommend this pub if you are in Brittany.
Pub St Hubert
+33 2 98 19 08 67
The landlady ran everything by herself, great beers (strong), simple food and friendly locals. They even gave us a lift home when our legs weren’t working as good as when we arrived.
Thanks for the heads up DXX - now that sounds like my kind of place!

Back