First French trip, best location weather wise in September?

So just pitched up. Got down to Chalons-en-Champagne. Toll roads brilliant with next to no traffic. No idea what it's cost yet (using toll tag). Euro tunnel was fab, easy and very well organised. Current site not very nice but only here for a few hours and will be gone early tomorrow.

First aire stop.
20220903_123454.jpg

Current site (not recommended).
20220903_160256.jpg

@True Romance
Could be worse. Currently parked up on an airport industrial site at Montpellier waiting for the Chief Advisors flight from Gatwick to arrive. She has just text me to say her flight is 2 hrs delayed and possibly more !!
Plus I've just noticed whose car park I'm in...another b@%#t courier

You're in a nice part of the world, enjoy

20220903_174559.jpg

Last edited:
@True Romance
Could be worse. Currently parked up on an airport industrial site at Montpellier waiting for the Chief Advisors flight from Gatwick to arrive. She has just text me to say her flight is 2 hrs delayed and possibly more !!
Plus I've just noticed whose car park I'm in...another b@%#t courier

You're in a nice part of the world, enjoy

View attachment 171153
Least it's sunny . Where you heading next then?

Little bit of rain this early this morning here in Anncey but another stunning walk with the dog.

20220906_081328-02.jpeg

On a side note this sign is just outside the campsite site. Do you see a dog or a rat?

20220906_081754.jpg

Moved on to the Drome region. Found what looks like a great site. However big storms due tonight. Staff member just been round and told us to go to the bar if we get flooded! Wish us luck!

River would have been absolutely brilliant but now a dirty mess due to heavy rain they've had over the last few days.

20220907_174518.jpg
20220907_170332.jpg
20220907_172237.jpg

Well that was an eventful night, thunder and lightning like I've never seen before and we've been all over the world. Rain all night but not biblically. So a day of drying everything out and 5 days of perfect weather forecast.

If any of you end up in the Dordogne, I strongly recommend this place - campingmaisonneuve.com It has the views, great facilities, a small village close by (with the best boulangerie/ patisserie in the area), lots of castles, canoeing etc all on the doorstep. it also has a small river running through it which drops into a natural swimmable lagoon within the site’s boundary.

Back