Fiamma vs sun shade vs event shelter

Sorry to hear that you didn't get on with your awning :(
The solutions mentioned are sound, and we have are away on our first trip and wouldnt be without the awning which we've used every day. Despite appaling weather
:thumbsup:

Sorry no thoughts here, but the side view of my van in post #19 in this thread shows my SWB with a 260 awning if that helps you imagine where the extra might go on a LWB.
Looking at the mountings I reckon that the fitters have a fair degree of latitude lengthways so you should be able to choose where the extra bit goes

Cheers @Oldrat. I spoke to a supplier and he said that the 300 would look too long for a LWB, but I'm not sure that can be right. The current awning rail I have is 260, and there is definitely room to spare if the awning was relatively proportioned to the one on your van

Sorry, I didn't realise you already had a 260, sucking eggs and all that.

I do wish that Id had a rain guard fitted at the time to cover the bloomin' gap though.

Sorry, I didn't realise you already had a 260, sucking eggs and all that.

I do wish that Id had a rain guard fitted at the time to cover the bloomin' gap though.

Sorry - we don't have a Fiamma currently, just an 2.6m awning rail that we attach the drive-away to, but I fancy a wind out awning too. Will definitely get the rain guard though - warnings in various threads duly noted!

Whilst you are at it Mojo, think about buying some securing straps too.
Not a lot of money, and we were surprised how a gust lifted the canopy.

Sorry, yet another question. The company I approached regarding the Fiamma have now said that they wouldn't be able to fit one as I have a pop-top. Anyone know if this is correct and I'm barking up the wrong tree? Cheers

I have a F45s Black 3 meter on my mid roof, i've only used it a few times as I'm still building my camper.

It a little long on the LWB midroof, but it still looks ok.

I'm quite happy with it, its winded out and pegged in a minute, or thereabouts

I agree with others that you need the tie downs, as it wouldn't take to much to lift it and destroy it.

Ill be grabbing a centre curved bar in the near future, to reduce water/dew pooling in the centre.

Although, Im getting it refitted in a few weeks as it is out by 20mm (first installer used a spirt levelo_O, instead of measuring of a straight edge) and once thats done, ill fit the rain guard.

Sorry, yet another question. The company I approached regarding the Fiamma have now said that they wouldn't be able to fit one as I have a pop-top. Anyone know if this is correct and I'm barking up the wrong tree? Cheers

False news :D
See mine in post #19 - pop top with awning

We have a Fiamma 45s with a pop up roof. It just sits out a bit more so as others have said may need an infill. :)

View attachment 11099
Looks great. Apologies in advance if I'm teaching you to suck eggs; it looks like your pegs are pretty straight into the ground - we always knock ours in opposing, circa, 45 degree angles so that they pull against each other if the leg tries to lift up - gives you a lot more purchase, especially in soft/wet ground and/or when the wind gets up.

Back