Fiamma F45S privacy room v’s front / side blockers

GT3gooner

Hi

I have a T6 LWB with a 3m Fiamma F45S awning. We have a Vango Hexaway awning but considering something a little smaller for short stays.
I’ve seen a couple of options to attach the our wind out awning on the Fiamma website. Does anybody have any experience of either their privacy room lite or front and side blocker panels, ideally a comparative view of both options.
The privacy room looks a bit overkill and expensive for our needs compared to the blocker panels. Also have a concern with attaching all the weigh and sail size of the privacy room to the wind out which after all is only supported by a couple of skinny telescope legs with thumb screws at the front.
Any comments and view would be much appreciated.

The blocker panels weigh a ton, are stiff, inflexible and although top quality would probably take you as long to put up as the Hexaway.
Mine have been sitting in the shed for years now unloved and home to spiders.
We also have a Hexaway which we love but for short stops tend to use a Kella.
For really short stops, or if it’s scorching we have these below - they scrunch up to nothing and live in the gas locker and thinking back over the years they get loads of use especially when touring.
the guy who makes them is a bit of a ‘character’ bit the product is fantastic

I’ve used the windblocker for about 10 years on my MoHo’s and now my T6. It does the job well in summer, 10 minutes to put up, 3 minutes to pull down and comes with rainproof panels that can be rolled up and dropped if wet. It can be packed in a Tesco/Asda bag. You need extendable poles for the sides which ‘jam’ between the Fiamma frame on the van and the extended frame of the awning.

They do keep the wind out really well, you can see out of them but not really see in however if it is rainy and windy then it’ll get in via the gaps.

Edit: I’ve never paid full price for them. they are always appearing on eBay or similar by peeps who buy them at a show and realise it isn’t really for them.

Last edited:
Back