Fiamma vs sun shade vs event shelter

Thx
I've plenty of old guy lines, will they be good enough?
Probably but I like the plates that slot into the awning channels and springs to cope with the movement of the van - the supplied pegs are pretty hardcore as well!!

I've been given the mounts for putting the legs into the side of the van, anyone used them.
Id have to powder coat them though

I've been given the mounts for putting the legs into the side of the van, anyone used them.
Id have to powder coat them though
Seen them on larger campers but where would you mount them on the T6 - surely they would need to be on the front door and under where the door slides to?

Door and rear panel I suppose.
Either way I'm not too enamoured with them, so think they'll be staying in the bag n pile of bits and paperwork I seem to be rapidly accumulating.
:geek::geek:

Door and rear panel I suppose.
Either way I'm not too enamoured with them, so think they'll be staying in the bag n pile of bits and paperwork I seem to be rapidly accumulating.
:geek::geek:
I'd stick to pegs in the ground

Does the f45 add much weight or cause much drag and reduced mpg? Wondering if it's worth having it on the van if it only get deployed 15 or 20 times a year.

Dunno about weight but it seems very streamline, and I think that you can buy a fiamma 'nose cone' for even bettter streamlining.

The 3m F45s that I have was surprisingly heavy.. much more than I had expected.

We have a Quercha Pop Up tent that we use in conjunction with Fiamma awning. This works really well for weekend breaks and tent literally takes 5/10 minutes to put up and peg down.

IMG_0291.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG

I've just been over my Fiamma with carefully placed strips of draught (?) excluder.

Here goes -
- 1 1/2" on the very bottom of each leg, just where the hinged foot folds up against the leg

- 8 x 4" lengths along the casing to secure the stowed legs, 2 on the bottom and 2 on the upright per leg (all inside the casing of course)

Four soft rubber dots - one at each end of the case where the stowed awning touches the casing ( below the red safety catch) and two evenly spaced on the casing top leading edge where the awning might touch.

Its an awful lot less rattly now. I'm sure that with more time and care I could achieve an even better result.

BTW Even with the draught excluder, its still very draughty :whistle: :whistle:

and a tad heavier :D :D

Last edited:
Back