Factory Spring colour-markings.

Pete C

T30 102bhp camper
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Is there a reasonably definitive list of what colour markings go on what springs go on what T6 derivatives ?

If so, could someone point me in its direction please - I am after some T32 rear springs, and yes, I realise that there are variations on a theme here.

If there isn't a list, I am happy to pull something together for the forum. I have looked through various threads where there is some info, and the mapping to option codes is sort of helpful, but not if you are presented with some springs on their own, with no idea what they came from !

Thanks,

Pete

Is there a reasonably definitive list of what colour markings go on what springs go on what T6 derivatives ?

If so, could someone point me in its direction please - I am after some T32 rear springs, and yes, I realise that there are variations on a theme here.

If there isn't a list, I am happy to pull something together for the forum. I have looked through various threads where there is some info, and the mapping to option codes is sort of helpful, but not if you are presented with some springs on their own, with no idea what they came from !

Thanks,

Pete

This is a great idea fella
Wish it was available before and the other day I had the same idea ! As I was trying identify the various colours
I had three sets
Now got two

Thanks,

Pete

I was not sure how to present the info
Think it needs two Threads together
One for people to put information
And one with just information and no chit chat

I spent ages searching those vag diagrams trying match colours and its a mine field and most didn't match at all and I never found a part number on a spring yet !
wonder if some of it is year dependent ???

Order of colours appeared to be different too as T30 and T32 fronts have same colours but in a different order !

Last edited:
Agreed, but for now I just want to make sure no-one has done this yet - will get something going may be tomorrow.

Pete

My18
T30 LWB

Order of colours Left to Right

Front Springs 3xGrey Stripes and 1xGreen Stripe
Rear Springs 1xBlue Stripe and 1xYellow Stripe

I know this is correct as I took them off My18 !

My ??
T32 SWB

Order of colours Left to Right

Front Springs 1xGreen Stripe and 3xGrey Stripe
Rear Springs 1xGrey paint brush splodge

Before everyone piles in with useful info, let's just check that a list doesn't already exist.

I also need to think about what info is needed.

Pete

Some pieces of information --->
Back Heavy and Poor Traction

Edit: also somewhat related

Last edited:
Ok, so I have trawled the Internet (OK, Ebay and this forum) to get real examples of what colours go on what rear springs. Thanks to the people who have contributed (knowingly or otherwise) . Please treat the info with care, as it may not be 100% reliable.
The focus is on T32 rear springs, but the attached table has others - all rears.
I now have 2 pairs of T32 rear springs in my shed. One pair has a single grey blob, and the other has 3 grey blobs, so they match this info, but I can clearly see that one set is made from thicker steel than the other, so not all T32 springs are equal o_O

Can I suggest that people PM me with any new info, and I will update the table and re-publish it.

Thanks,

Pete

Image 24-02-2020 at 20.14.jpeg

1623955857672.png
1623955937387.png
Source: IFInterface

15 colour codes vs. Weight ranges for T6
The Weight ranges are defined by option codes:
0YA = 1​
0YB = 2​
0YC = 3​
0YD = 4​
....​
0YM = 12 (Oh yes, there are springs 0YM)​

There are quite a few more pictures (see picture ID on top right corner) - T6 Caravelle, Multivan, California, Beach,.Ocean, etc... have their own pictures in series- 511-000...511-012. The picture above (511-000) are just 15 first of that picture (which has a total of 36 different springs).

Hello! I’ve got a T6.1 in Australia and we don’t have T28, T30 and T32 options. Can someone help me identify the springs that came with my van?

The fronts have 3 x grey circle and 1 x green circle.
The rears have 2 x grey squares.

The specs on the brochure of the model I got is TDI340 LWB DSG:
Gross Vehicle Weight GVM : 3000kg
Unladen Mass DSG : 1865kg
Payload maximum DSG : 1135kg

PMD6tiq.jpg

GgCypfz.jpg

TDI340 is 3000kg GVM so is a T30, the post on this forum above yours list a lot of the spring marking colours,
You should have a build sticker under your steering wheel, the codes OYA, OYB, etc will tell you the spring strength.

Reactions: dj_
TDI340 is 3000kg GVM so is a T30, the post on this forum above yours list a lot of the spring marking colours,
You should have a build sticker under your steering wheel, the codes OYA, OYB, etc will tell you the spring strength.
Brilliant! Thank you. I tried deciphering the posts and charts above to no avail

Ok, so I have trawled the Internet (OK, Ebay and this forum) to get real examples of what colours go on what rear springs. Thanks to the people who have contributed (knowingly or otherwise) . Please treat the info with care, as it may not be 100% reliable.
The focus is on T32 rear springs, but the attached table has others - all rears.
I now have 2 pairs of T32 rear springs in my shed. One pair has a single grey blob, and the other has 3 grey blobs, so they match this info, but I can clearly see that one set is made from thicker steel than the other, so not all T32 springs are equal o_O

Can I suggest that people PM me with any new info, and I will update the table and re-publish it.

Thanks,

Pete

View attachment 61514
Hi, could you tell me which of your springs were made of thicker steel

SET 2.jpgBrought two sets yesterday off 2x 6.1 t32 but they both got different markings can they both be off t32sSET 1.jpg

View attachment 120114
View attachment 120117
Source: IFInterface

15 colour codes vs. Weight ranges for T6
The Weight ranges are defined by option codes:
0YA = 1​
0YB = 2​
0YC = 3​
0YD = 4​
....​
0YM = 12 (Oh yes, there are springs 0YM)​

There are quite a few more pictures (see picture ID on top right corner) - T6 Caravelle, Multivan, California, Beach,.Ocean, etc... have their own pictures in series- 511-000...511-012. The picture above (511-000) are just 15 first of that picture (which has a total of 36 different springs).
Could you send me a link for the full list of spring colour codes please.

Could you send me a link for the full list of spring colour codes please.
Link: IFInterface
It takes you to the top level > Free Services > CarProg2 > then just navigate to the vehicle (TR, TRC, TRM), model year, chassis (7H,7J) > main group (5) > picture, e.g. 511-000... (as the picture in my post)

Back