Back Heavy and Poor Traction

I have 0JE and 0YC
Looks like mine is 1 harder on the rear.
I have got to get these rears changed but it looks like they use the same fronts so it should ride ok then.
Mine was delivered to the dealers March 2016
But what class of suspension do you have, does it match mine ? 1BH ?

The springs and shocks match what the VIN says should be on the van, but they agreed it looks lower at the back. So they have submitted a report to VW and I should hear back this week. I'll keep you posted :)

So VW agreed that the back is too low but apparently they are the correct springs for a Cali Beach. Just to make sure they fitted replacement original rear springs and surprise surprise it's still the same! So back to VW to work out the mystery :)

Ok, so I have gone down a slightly different route with my T6 Hillside Birchover compared with @Davenjo ..... I have changed my original T28 rear springs (one yellow mark 1BA OYA) to 1BA OYE ie. standard grade springs (not heavy duty) range 5.

All of the Cali's that my dealer has in his showroom (Ocean's), and those that I could identify, have 1BA OYD rear springs ie. standard spring, range 4. My sense is that the weight of materials used in my Birchover conversion will be a little more than those used in the Cali's, and the Birchover has a 57 lt water tank compared with the Cali's 30 lt, hence I have gone up to range 5. I also have a bike rack permanently on the back.

So far so good. The van immediately 'sits' better in my opinion, and does not seem to roll as much through the bends, but only time will tell whether this solution improves the fully loaded driving characteristicsIMG_0610.JPG .

I have 1BA/OYD (level 4) on the rear of mine but looking to strengthen the rear slightly.
So shall I go OYE or F..... and can we correlate these to part numbers?

Very interesting thread indeed and fingers crossed you will be happy with results!

Can you see the colour markings on the rears ?
So far I have worked out 4 yellow =. T28 and t30 van
3 yellow 1 orange = t30 Kombi
3 grey = t32 Kombi

If anyone can have a look and see if this is correct or add more could be helpful.

I have 1BA/OYD (level 4) on the rear of mine but looking to strengthen the rear slightly.
So shall I go OYE or F..... and can we correlate these to part numbers?
I can do the part numbers if required, from memory they are all identical with sequential last digits as you go through the weight range numbers

Can you see the colour markings on the rears ?
So far I have worked out 4 yellow =. T28 and t30 van
3 yellow 1 orange = t30 Kombi
3 grey = t32 Kombi

If anyone can have a look and see if this is correct or add more could be helpful.

At the risk of confusing......

In standard springs (1BA prefix) :
My T6 T28 transporter (104) = 1 yellow (1BA 0YA) - weight 1
T6 T30 transporter (140) = 4 yellow (1BA 0YB) (but early versions can be 2 yellow!) - weight 2
T6 T32 kombi (140) = 3 grey (1BA 0YC) - weight 3
T6 Cali (Ocean) (204) = 2 white (1BA 0YD) - weight 4
My replacement = 1 orange 1 green (1BA 0YE) - weight 5

T6 T30 transporter (140) = 4 yellow (1BA 0YB) (but early versions can be 2 yellow!) - weight 2
That's good info there @Rookie good job.

I wonder if @VWVC may be able to help attributing weights classes to actual weights
I cant find anything that actually documents the intended usage/loading capabilities of the various ranges of springs or the weight class within each range ??

Strange indeed, i got them from VRN/VIN searches but its listed on the codes sticker under steering wheel as pictured earlier in the thread

My Cali Beach is 1BA OYB which VW reckon is correct. However it is definitely slightly low at the back and VW are currently puzzling over why this is the case. The dealer says they have compared it to another Cali Beach and it also has OYB but doesn't look too low.

If a Kombi is OYC it seems logical that a Cali Beach would be at least that.

Any other Cali Beach owners on here able to confirm what they have? I guess I could ask on the Cali forum ...

Back