Spring Max Load Rating - 4 x Yellow Marks

Northencampervan

VIP Member
I'm getting my t28 uprated, to 3000kgs, by SVtech no issues there, paper work exercise

2 Options -
No mods - Up to 3000kgs but axle weights stay the same (1550/1550)
New Springs (H&R 29270HA2 Coil Spring) Would give me 1670kg at the rear axle and 3200kgs over all.
I'm likely going to go to go option 1, no mods no change to MOT class and 200kgs is loads of extra payload.
However they have said if I can give the max load rating of the existing springs, they might be able to squeeze me and extra 50/75kg on the rear axle.

The Van has 4 x Yellow Marking Springs, 7EO 511115 M which I understand to be 0YB weight 2.

Can any one tell me what the max rating of these springs is? I know they are on some t30's but SVtech said they need the rating as going by what on different models isn't reliable enough.

Anyone able to help on this one, I need to make a decision and it would be good to be able to snaffle a few extra KG’s on the axles.

Just wondering if anyone had anything they could help with on this? If I look to buy new springs they say "Max load 1700kgs" or what ever it might be, can any one direct me to where I might fnd that number for the 4 Yellow stripe springs.

I have a T30 which came with 4 yellow rear springs from the factory. Once i had a camper conversion done my rear end sagged. I upgraded my rear springs and shocks from a suspension company to lift my rear to original height. So my original 4 yellow springs gave me a load rating of 3000kgs but im sorry i cant give the individual load of each spring.

I have never seen the springs rated specifically as you need. Just what type of vehicle they go on.

Pete

Its no issue going to the 3000kg, they can do that with a stock T28, theres loads of tolerance.

But 3000kg with 1550/1550 axles isn't ideal, I wouldn't get to use it as I think the rear axle would be overloaded.

Id rather have 3000kg with 1550/1675kg as its a camper with a loaded bike rack so I can actually take advantage of the full 3000kgs.

But that's where they need the guarantee/info on the rear springs. Saying that the 4 yellows also come on the T30's isn't enough as some T30's have the lower 1550kg rear axle.

From SVtech

"The rear spring needs to be rated at 850 kg each to cover the 1675 kg new rear axle weight.
H&R springs do a rear spring part number 29270 – 2 HA (R) there rated at 1720 kg so a bit
of tolerance. Just check fitment when ordering."

Those springs appear to be lowered 40mm, I want standard height.

I've asked if I get a pair of springs out of a T32 would that be enough guarantee to do it?

On that Note, anyone in the northwest got a set of T32 springs!

Back