English radio channels when abroad

nobbyq

T6 Pro
anyone else get bored of french channels when traveling , i know ur in france but is there anything english one can receive everywhere in europe ?

We stick a ton of podcasts onto an SD card before we leave.

Pete

I'm assuming you have a smartphone. Whenever we're in Europe, I always use 'Tune in Radio' or 'BBC Sounds' apps on my phone. It's also handy if you want to listen in the car - you just bluetooth it to the car stereo. In the stationery van / awning, I bluetooth to a stereo speaker that doubles as a sound bar for the TV. I don't have a massive data allowance on my mobile plane (about 12GB a month I think) and I've never been anywhere near the limit when away (or, probably anywhere near even 25% of it either!). From memory, I think either app uses about 1Mb per minute. Just be careful if your mobile plan only covers you for the EU - in Greece (for example) some parts are very close to Turkey which is outside of the EU and you can get really stung for using a Turkish mobile provider if your phone connects to one instead of a Greek tower (which I found out to my cost but, luckily realised after about 20 minutes!

I'm assuming you have a smartphone. Whenever we're in Europe, I always use 'Tune in Radio' or 'BBC Sounds' apps on my phone. It's also handy if you want to listen in the car - you just bluetooth it to the car stereo. In the stationery van / awning, I bluetooth to a stereo speaker that doubles as a sound bar for the TV. I don't have a massive data allowance on my mobile plane (about 12GB a month I think) and I've never been anywhere near the limit when away (or, probably anywhere near even 25% of it either!). From memory, I think either app uses about 1Mb per minute. Just be careful if your mobile plan only covers you for the EU - in Greece (for example) some parts are very close to Turkey which is outside of the EU and you can get really stung for using a Turkish mobile provider if your phone connects to one instead of a Greek tower (which I found out to my cost but, luckily realised after about 20 minutes!
I have set a £5 maximum overspend limit on my contract which stops me from being caught out when travelling abroad. Pretty sure they all offer this service and you can set the amount.

If you're in France, your UK data limit is valid there as well. Don't know what will happen after we fully leave the EU though!

With Internet radio app on your phone or tablet you can have anything, anywhere.....

Back