EML and AdBlue message. Advice please

Where does it say an amount? I could only see remaining miles to go - which were incorrect from a sensor issue.
Yes, that display changes once you have space for the minimum fill. it will also say a min and max fill amount. I ten to leave mine until it will take 5L and just stick in 5L

Yes, that display changes once you have space for the minimum fill. it will also say a min and max fill amount. I ten to leave mine until it will take 5L and just stick in 5L
Huh! I didn't see that a few weeks ago when I had to put adblue in for the first time. It just counted down to 100 miles and at that stage, having been told it would just not start if it ran out, I poured a 10L container in. Never noticed it saying an amount - will look next time.

Huh! I didn't see that a few weeks ago when I had to put adblue in for the first time. It just counted down to 100 miles and at that stage, having been told it would just not start if it ran out, I poured a 10L container in. Never noticed it saying an amount - will look next time.
1622130523636.png

I‘ve had exactly the same fault across two vans, just had it on my current one for the first time. It’s been in and had the software update (last week) and did it again the next day. This van has never been brimmed (the previous one had - my mistake) and not had any adblue put in for at least 12 months (Range was 2500 miles)

With both of my vans it only happened after a long motorway trip, strangely one hour into the return trip? All occurences the 650 miles fault disappeared after approx an hour but EML light stays on. It’s back in again this week.

I‘ve had two years of hell with it (including a dangerous bodge by Snows Plymouth) the van is a POS and I’ll certainly never buy any VW again.

Previous van bodge by Snows Plymouth:

9C52FE6B-4302-456C-B7C5-DA2F0576D8C1.jpeg629F7510-475C-4C5F-9016-192EA2BFBD42.jpegD13E8CF7-AE58-4428-891F-EA546BA56A5F.jpeg

Current van:

D661258E-CE7C-465F-BD35-88E7E0F9759F.jpeg9C8D99B7-1DED-43BF-9B18-5EE1B474170A.jpeg

Mines been filled to the top every time since new - now on 85k and never had a problem .

The message thats displayed when theirs a ablue fault is just rubbish - pretty much everyone rushes out to top the adblue when the 650 mile range pops up when in fact the problem is nox related in the exhaust . And Vw's answer to just squirt a bit more adblue in to try and fix dirty engines doesn't seem to work on all vans!

I've seen a few issues like this on various vans and my feeling is the van doesn't like doing a dpf regen at constant low part throttle - standard M speeds, esp with cruise on. It sends the nox rating over the threshold and then the van sends a generic error, sometimes even a few miles later it can then vaniah. The update increased adblue rate and continued it whilst in regen mode, but it's not enough .

Back