EML and AdBlue message. Advice please

Another planet

T6 Pro
2017 150 DSG remapped last week. Just driven to overnight in Wales and these lights have appeared. Do you think I’m ok to drive back to London tomorrow? Is it remap related? Should it go to vw to resolve? Thank you very much

D497F09E-FD41-4E9F-9CDB-C1097E5E9378.jpeg

Did you put the amount of AdBlue suggested in, or did you brim it ?

Pete

That will be it then. Filling to brim seems to upset the sensors. Lots of posts on this before

It didn’t need adblue - I didn’t know so filled to brim
SO, it didnt need any Adblue, so without reading the manual you decided to brim the Adblue tank. Do you read about the ignition and wait procedure after filling? Ooops.

Then people blame VW for producing a crap system.

The original post said the lights came on first then he added the adblue so the original problem was not created by overfilling. When I had these lights come on I was told by Vw it was ok to drive and to check for rodent damage, and as predicted I found wires were chewed through underneath the van. As stated I would take out some adblue so the sensor can reset but check all wiring under the van to rule out rodent damage before doing anything else

SO, it didnt need any Adblue, so without reading the manual you decided to brim the Adblue tank. Do you read about the ignition and wait procedure after filling? Ooops.

Then people blame VW for producing a crap system.
Don't be so quick to misunderstand. I was asking for help and advice. The adblue light came on; at the same time another adblue light came on with a spanner beside it. I added adblue - it didn't take much and clearly didn't need it. Don't you add adblue when the addblue light comes on? I thought that was what we were meant to do

The original post said the lights came on first then he added the adblue so the original problem was not created by overfilling. When I had these lights come on I was told by Vw it was ok to drive and to check for rodent damage, and as predicted I found wires were chewed through underneath the van. As stated I would take out some adblue so the sensor can reset but check all wiring under the van to rule out rodent damage before doing anything else
Thank you for understanding that I only added Adblue when the light told me to. It clearly didn't need it and caused me to overfill. It seems to be some sort sensor issue/reset to do with remap. Remapping was incredibly helpful. On my way back from Wales with adblue light counting down mileage to 500 to go... Traffic caused a 20 min stop on the M4 when I started up it recalibrated to adblue - 6500 miles to go. Thanks very much for your suggestion - will remember that one in case it happens again

Don't be so quick to misunderstand. I was asking for help and advice. The adblue light came on; at the same time another adblue light came on with a spanner beside it. I added adblue - it didn't take much and clearly didn't need it. Don't you add adblue when the addblue light comes on? I thought that was what we were meant to do
Yes, but strictly by the amount shown on the adblue range display

VW Assist guy had some info on this.

he said they first drain some out so its not over filled . . . (just pumped it back out the filler neck)

Try a battery OFF reset - https://www.t6forum.com/threads/full-van-ecu-reset-capacitive-discharge-how-i-done-it.13730/

Then if it didnt clear to then check the Adblue Loom under the van as its prone to Rodent damage due to something in the cable coating that attracts them.
Thank you very much for this. It seems to have been some sort of sensor issue/reset to do with remapping. Remap guy was incredibly helpful - understood it was overfilled due to warning sign and advised me to drive back to London as long as no red lights to use up overfill. 100 miles into journey it reset itself. Phew! Bit of stressful first trip/overnight.

Back