Adblue - Help on way to Skye

Another planet

T6 Pro
My adblue light has several times in the past come on randomly advising 650 miles left but I know it had enough for many more miles and after ignoring it for a couple of hundred miles it would revert to expected reading. Yesterday before leaving London I filled with 2.5 gallons as requested by true reading. It only gave me 300 extra miles driving. I am now approaching Glasgow and it shows 500 miles left on adblue - it has never taken this long to reset. I have 220 miles to go to Skye and feel like I’m playing chicken with the EMS. Has anyone had an incorrect reading shut down the engine please? Or have incorrect readings all resolved before shutdown. I would be grateful if you would let me know.

visit garage and buy a 5l container and keep it in van just in case , i would suggest if adblue is filled to the brim you have plenty miles left

If it's filled to the brim, then it's probably been over-filled (which can itself cause the sensors to misread).

Hi @Another planet , we are in a similar situation- driving through France now with 200 miles until engine won’t start because of Adblue fault (we have refilled and were careful not to overfill). We are due to stop for the night soon and hope it’ll reset overnight. What happened in the end for you? We will try to find a VW garage to check it out but not sure what to do if we can’t… don’t want to risk the engine stopping half way down the motorway!

Hi @Another planet , we are in a similar situation- driving through France now with 200 miles until engine won’t start because of Adblue fault (we have refilled and were careful not to overfill). We are due to stop for the night soon and hope it’ll reset overnight. What happened in the end for you? We will try to find a VW garage to check it out but not sure what to do if we can’t… don’t want to risk the engine stopping half way down the motorway!

I stopped at VW garage and they told me they just had to top up with a bit more Adblue for the light to go out. They said I hadn't added enough to cover the sensor. But having overfilled it in the past I had been careful to just add what light on dash asked for. That cost me £120. I would suggest adding a bit more. Hope that helps. Good luck

I stopped at VW garage and they told me they just had to top up with a bit more Adblue for the light to go out. They said I hadn't added enough to cover the sensor. But having overfilled it in the past I had been careful to just add what light on dash asked for. That cost me £120. I would suggest adding a bit more. Hope that helps. Goo

Thanks so much! Would you believe it just cleared
These 2 photos taken within about 10 mins of each other - one saying 150 miles left and engine won’t start and the other 5500 miles ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. My poor partner has been stressing so much about this for the last 9 hours of driving. 15 mins from our destination- a well deserved beer is in order! Fingers crossed it won’t have changed again in the morning.
Cat

598AB26D-0EAA-4825-8D87-A87052958598.jpeg

A5199686-97A1-457A-9371-427075E8B554.jpeg

Thanks so much! Would you believe it just cleared
These 2 photos taken within about 10 mins of each other - one saying 150 miles left and engine won’t start and the other 5500 miles ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. My poor partner has been stressing so much about this for the last 9 hours of driving. 15 mins from our destination- a well deserved beer is in order! Fingers crossed it won’t have changed again in the morning.
Cat

View attachment 208257

View attachment 208258
Great news! Hopefully it will behave for a while now. If it appears again and continues counting down would recommend adding a bit more adblue. Although I'm sure 5500 miles will see you thru your trip, the fact it registers you only have that left indicates to me that there is plenty of room for more Adblue. Hope you have a great trip. That light is so stressful - I'm sure your beer is going to taste great

Back