Has My AdBlue System Been Deleted?

1Pearman

T6 Pro
Hi all,
I bought a 2016 T6 Shuttle SE DSG 150 just over a year ago that was on 60k miles. I've also never had a vehicle with an AdBlue system before so I'm not familiar with any of it. Van was doing great, albeit the MPG seemed a lot worse than my old T5.1 manual van. Around April last year I fitted a towbar and whilst under the van routing the wiring I noticed a plug on the side of the AdBlue tank assembly that was not connected. The plug was on the rear-facing side of the tank between it and the fuel tank. I had a feel around and noticed the female connection so decided to plug in the connector. A short while later whilst driving my EML came on. I can turn this off with Crista but it comes on again within a few trips. The Carista code is always referring to the Reductant Pump control circuit, but i've not been able to find a specific reason as I've not got VCDS. During my ownership (now 14 months and roughly 15k miles) I've never had a AdBlue top-up message, nor do I have any AdBlue pages anywhere on the MFD on the dash.

It's dawned on me that this seems really strange and perhaps the previous owner (exec taxi) may have deleted the AdBlue system to save money? Would anyone agree with this? I was thinking about unplugging the wiring connector again and clearing the code and seeing if it returns?

Any thoughts on this welcome. I know it's a legal requirement to have the AdBlue systme working so if it has been deleted wondered if a simple software update would reinstall it?

Cheers

I'm not sure that Adblue can be removed that easily?

Have you got the blue cap as shown below? If not unplug and forget that lead. Strange that it's there if you haven't got adblue.

0add%20Adblue%20to%20a%20diesel%20VW%20Transporter.jpg

No....I'm not suggesting that disconnecting the plug has removed it. More that it's been deactivated in the van's software somehow (googling suggests some nefarious garages are offering this), and the plug left disconnected to avoid tripping the EML. The fact i've not had to fill it up or had a warning of any kind, nor can access any info on the dash about how much range is left makes me think something funny is going on.

Crossed wires. @Deaky said your van wouldn't have adblue then edited his post. I was just asking to make sure you didn't, but you do. :slow rofl:
Does seem it's may have mapped out if you dont have the menu option.
Probably best to upnplug it like it was before or get it mapped back in but that could throw up all sorts of problems.

Crossed wires. @Deaky said your van wouldn't have adblue then edited his post. I was just asking to make sure you didn't, but you do. :slow rofl:
Probably best to upnplug it like it was before or get it mapped back in but that could throw up all sorts of problems.
:cry: My initial thought was a MY15 wouldn't be Euro 6 but after a quick google I was wrong. Fingers in gear before my brain o_O

ok so am I right in assuming all AdBlue vehicles should be able to access some sort of 'range' page on the dash center display via the steering wheel buttons? If this is the case then i'm confident it's been mapped out at some point as there is 100% no info on the MFD relating to AdBlue.

I'll get it unplugged, clear the code and see what happens as you suggest...

The Carista code is always referring to the Reductant Pump control circuit,
When you have the code "ON", could you please post "Detailed ECU info"-report (under Carista Service menu).

My Carista membership ran out
When you have the code "ON", could you please post "Detailed ECU info"-report (under Carista Service menu).
@mmi Is this available without membership or do I need to renew my monthly subscription for this?

Reactions: mmi
ok so am I right in assuming all AdBlue vehicles should be able to access some sort of 'range' page on the dash center display via the steering wheel buttons?
Yup. In the menu that shows MPG, Time Driven, Speed etc mine has Adblue Range.

@mmi Here's the 'Detailed ECU Info'. Let me know if you spot anything of interest...

Code:
VIN: WV2ZZZ7HZHH047414

Engine
Part #: 04L906056KH
Component: R4 2.0l TDI
Software version: 6184
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_ECM20TDI03004L906056KH
Coding: 0025401C430401080000 (hex)
[Purchase "Pro" to see fault codes]

Transmission
Part #: 0BT300046J
Component: DSG DQ500-7F
Software version: 5301
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_TCMDQ500021
Coding: 0014 (hex)
[No fault codes]

ABS
Part #: 7E0907379P
Component: ESC
Software version: 0133
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_Brake1ESCCONTIVN75XGP2
Coding: 307E4098256684850C790277A48621D3790000 (hex) [Purchase "Pro" to see fault codes]

Instrument cluster
Part #: 7E0920970S
Component: KOMBI
Software version: 1104
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_Kombi_UDS_VDD_RM09
Coding: 740D010300 (hex)

Airbags
Part #: 7E0959655H
Component: VW10Airbag01S
Software version: 0018
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_AirbaVW10BPAVW12X
Coding: 000000000000000000000000000000003153 (hex) [No fault codes]

Steering angle
Part #: 6R0959654
Component: LENKW.SENSOR
Software version: 0070
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_LWSKLOVW25X
Coding: 01 (hex)
[No fault codes]

Heater & air conditioning
Part #: 7E0907040AA
Component: ClimatronicT5
Software version: 0510
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_ClimatronicT5
Coding: 0000000103 (hex)
[No fault codes]

Trailer
[ECU not present]

Radio
[ECU not present]

Central electronics
Part #: 7E0937090B
Component: BCM PQ25 Max4
Software version: 0744
ASAM/ODX identifier: [none]
Coding: A0FC793A0A613413922849642C2B8CD50D00698960444960320400BF0800 (hex) [Purchase "Pro" to see fault codes]

CAN network gateway
Part #: 7E0909901
Component: GW-K-CAN TP20
Coding: 042305 (hex)

Immobilizer
Part #: 5K0953234
Component: IMMO
Software version: 1104
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_Immo_UDS_VDD_RM09
Coding: 000000 (hex)
[No fault codes]

Auxiliary heater
Part #: 7E0963273A
Component: STH-T5GP2
Software version: 0009
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_AuxilParkiHeateWOST5G2
Coding: 4101 (hex)
[No fault codes]

Battery regulator
Part #: 7E0907534
Component: Batt.regelung
Coding: 030B1A73 (hex)
[No fault codes]

Infotainment system
[ECU not present]

Last edited by a moderator:
Must have and it makes me wonder what else might have been mapped out, like the DPF and/or EGR?

Engine
Part #: 04L906056KH
Software version: 6184
Well, the software identifier has not been altered - 04L906056KH 6184

P208C - Control Circuit for Reductant Pump 1
P20FC - Control Circuit for Reductant Pump 2

Must have and it makes me wonder what else might have been mapped out, like the DPF and/or EGR?
Well the vans still doing frequent regens when I park up so the DPF’s still there. I also had the cracked EGR pipe like so many people on here with smell of exhaust in the cab so guess that’s still all normal too.

FWIW . . .

a full tank of ADBLUE should last 4-5K miles. ( normally says on mine 4000miles range)

so if you have done 15000miles . . . then you shoulds have filled the AB tank 3-4x times by now?

We had a brand new T6.1 in April this year and that has done 9500 miles and it was still indicating 2000 miles left.

oh and then last week it has gone and had the Adblue pump fault come up and is in the garage waiting for a new pump.

So just wondered if the seemingly faulty Adblue pump is the reason it has used so litttle Adblue because based on your figures we should have refilled it twice by now. I am confused.

Pretty sure all but the early 6.1's have a much larger Adblue tank.

Back