Dub Haus Build Thread

Brilliant thanks!!!
@Drummerajc you’ll also need a couple of these
FA503289-E8ED-472D-BD30-89835EF387F5.jpeg
Part number 1J0 971 972 to plug into the vanity lights!

And you’ll also need a couple of these
2D450009-5027-4897-BF43-2B404ECF18EB.jpeg
Part Number 1J0 973 119 that plug into the connectors on the Sun Visors with the built in switch

Love this version of the ambient lighting. Looks just like in my A3. What size LEDs did you use and did you put them in a holder? I’m looking to do this so wondered where you wired them in too?
Cheers bud, I used 3mm 12v Red LEDs from eBay. The one with the pre wired resistor. I used 3mm panel mounts but in reverse, I.e. the led went in the top and shines out the bottom, which mimics the tunnel found in the oem ones. Wire them I to the Grey/Blue wire on the back of the main rotary light switch. You’ll need to pull a wire down the a post. I also ran an earth wire too.

Cheers bud, I used 3mm 12v Red LEDs from eBay. The one with the pre wired resistor. I used 3mm panel mounts but in reverse, I.e. the led went in the top and shines out the bottom, which mimics the tunnel found in the oem ones. Wire them I to the Grey/Blue wire on the back of the main rotary light switch. You’ll need to pull a wire down the a post. I also ran an earth wire too.
Brilliant thank you! I’ve just ordered the parts I need! Did you hot glue the panel mounts to the overhead module? Also do I need to take the roof lining down or is it possible to feed the wires through from the top of the a pillar?

Brilliant thank you! I’ve just ordered the parts I need! Did you hot glue the panel mounts to the overhead module? Also do I need to take the roof lining down or is it possible to feed the wires through from the top of the a pillar?
Yes, touch of glue to hold things together just in case! Yes, it is possible to fish the wires across the headliner :thumbsup:

My Brother in Law gave me a hand to finish off the heater install. So much easier on a ramp :thumbsup:

T Piece into return line
View attachment 177930

Pump mounted
View attachment 177931

Ignore fuel line, changed my mind where to locate pump

and now it’s toastie :thumbsup:
View attachment 177932

Happy days ;)
Hi, is the control fitted to a plastic surround, it looks like it is sat back into the blanking plate. Looks spot on . Want to put my control panel in the same position

Hi, is the control fitted to a plastic surround, it looks like it is sat back into the blanking plate. Looks spot on . Want to put my control panel in the same position
Hi @SteH yes, Eberspacher make a recessed mounting plate. Just measured carefully and cut slowly. Filed edges, lick of satin black rattle can and job done :thumbsup:

Hi @SteH yes, Eberspacher make a recessed mounting plate. Just measured carefully and cut slowly. Filed edges, lick of satin black rattle can and job done :thumbsup:
Where did you purchase it from please , just googled recessed mounting plate but it comes up with the heater fixing plates, cheers

Thanks very much. Checked the website and unfortunately they’re out of stock but I clicked the link to let me know when they have them again. Thanks for the info it’s been very useful
No worries @SteH make sure you post plenty of photos of your progress

A couple of small updates

Fitted a Front Runner full length rack (after selling a kidney :rolleyes:

IMG_4234.jpeg

IMG_4235.jpeg

Have to say that after reading all the hype I‘m not 100% impressed with the quality! Probably give it 8.5 / 10

Also started building an interior with extruded aluminium :) Meccano for big boys :thumbsup:

IMG_4233.jpeg

and going to be adding some Victron Energy Lithium :oops: (that’s the other kidney!)

IMG_4236.jpeg

Should be enough to run the coffee machine and a few other bits :D

Back